Your favorite type of advertising?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by A1 Grass, Nov 21, 2002.

?

Pick the method you are the most successful with:

1. Newspaper / Classifieds paper

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Flyers / Doorhangers

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Direct Mail

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Signage

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Yellow Pages

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to know what methods are preferred by others for advertising

2. I find a combination of the above works best. Different things reach different people.
    My favorite is the one that gets them to call.

3. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

Word of mouth!

John

4. KenGreenPro

KenGreenPro LawnSite Member

I read an interesting article last night in the Pro magazine talking about marketing in general and basically said the key to a good marketing campaign is Targeting...if your going after high end residentials where the disposable imcome amounts are higher than you need to sponser symphonies and the like, where the people with money hang out i guess...made sense but it would be difficult for a small operation to fork out the dough to do something like that.......Name recognition seems to be the other thing......in december im going to mail out 5-10 thousand flyers targeted at 5-6 (or more) neighborhoods and a week or so later im going to canvas these same neighborhoods on foot hanging flyers...a two pronged attack so to speak...the walking and hanging flyers will be time consumming but time is one thing i have plenty of at the moment....if i can just get my foot in the door at some of the neighborhoods, i can rely on word of mouth referrals and the quality of my work as my form of advertisment...i hope. enuf rambling....later

ken
    GreenPro

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

word of mouth has got me so much business. if you do a good job, people will notice.

6. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

After all the past threads concerning this, we all know that W.O.M. gets the solid customers.

I think that the intention was to find out what gets quick results.

I talked to a guy who, with direct mailers, got enough business (in 2 short years) to have 4 spray techs. He must have got 1200 customers out of it. He didn't say how many he mailed out, but who cares. He'll be grossing $600,000 this year:dizzy: