your fertilizer program

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by thenewguy, May 13, 2002.

when do you use sprayers

1. for fertilazion

2 vote(s)
  2. when there is alot of weed

8 vote(s)
  3. when there are some weeds

8 vote(s)
  4. not at all i use dry chemicals

0 vote(s)
  1. thenewguy

thenewguy LawnSite Member

Hello, I really can not find no info on the info i am looking for. I was wondering how to you deterine your fertilizer program and why don't you guys put weed control in all your fertilers insted of spraying. is there any good sites. What i am really asking is How do you make you fertilizer and weed control programs i know this is alot of questions thanks
  2. thenewguy

thenewguy LawnSite Member

ok since i am not geting responce. Can you anser these 2 questions what are you fertilizer programs. and for weeds do you just mix the dry weed control into you fertilizer. i looked online and could not find a list of all lescos fertilizers and weed controls any good sites.

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Spraying broadleafs is the best way to get good control. When I first started doing apps. I used weed & feed and didn't get very good results.:) ;) :) ED
  4. I use mostly ganular ferts and spray my other chemicals..

Some times I even spray the ferts.

Depends on the lawn and situation.
  5. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

Granule fertilizer and liquid post emergence has work really well in NC. The Granule fertilizer with selective herbicide does ok, but to me the liqiud is faster and does a better job.
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I use liquid weed control,and 90% granulau fert. When itreat for weeds,I usually mix in calcium and iron in at that time,if they are needed too.The weed-n-feed does work,but you do not the results you do with spray,it just contacts the leaves of weeds better.