1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your funny Customer stories

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nw. Shadesofgreen, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Just thought I would see if anyone has any funny stories about any of there customers.

Here is one that shold start us off.
    I had one of my customers tell me this about his an-l neighbor.
    He said that he came home one day to see this guy using his Shop-Vac to suck the leaves off of his japanese maple. This guy used to be my customer and he is al right, just controled by a crazy wife.
    Take the time like me to form the picture in your head of this happening in front of you. I would have been laughing my azzzzzz off.

Send your strange and funny stories they should make for some enjoyable laughs for all of us.

Have a great Day.
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I had a guy that claimed disney stole the idea for alladin from him, he came out with drawings and everything. that was about 6 years ago. He is going to call me when he wins millions, and then he wants me to sod his yard for him.
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

:laugh: :laugh: And your still waiting for the call!!!:laugh: NOW thats Funny:D
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Read my signature.
  5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a customer come to the door while shaving and smoking a cigar. Not funny until I tell you it was a 50 year old LADY, she wasn't even fazed. I was normal while talking to her, then when I left I nearly lost it- bit my lip so hard it bled. We also had a customer who wasn't all there mentally, and aging rapidly. Anyway, she would always come out to talk to us about putting a baggerful of grass in her compost bin. We always bagged her tiny back yard anyway because it was always tall. One day she came out, had peed her pants, and her halter top fell down while talking to us. You want to talk about a bad flashback. The kicker of it is that these two customers lived at the same Condo Association, next door to each other. Mrs K passed on...
    We also have a customer that calls in May or June to tell us to skip her lawn because it is dormant and won't need mowed for about 2 weeks. She doesn't care that we still charge the same each week for the Association. Her neighbor wants his cut big (high) because the grass isn't old enough (tall) He's not from here, I don't know where he is from, they call him Yagoff, so naturally we call him -
  6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

A good customer called earlier in the year, and was wondering when id be coming by. She says were having special guests and can you come any earlier. I said no problem, then she says "**** likes the hight that the grass is right now, so when you come to cut make sure the grass stays the same hight.:rolleyes:
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want "funny" customer stories, just do a search on any of Bobby Gedd's threads which includes any reference to clients. He has enough stories for his own turf sitcom:drinkup:
  8. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

That is true.
    I should of thought of that first. I do look forward to what he throws our way from time to time.
    Have a great day
  9. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

I once had this old guy who told me he wanted me there every Monday at 9:00 am. It would have taken another 30 minutes to explain that I couldn't guarantee that so I said sure, I can do that. About 2 months later I showed up at 1:00 pm and he was mowing. Now mind you, this old guy could barely walk much less push a mower. I got out of my truck and said "what in the world are you doing? Put that mower away." He said " I've been sitting in the driveway for 3 hours waiting for you. You're supposed to be here at 9:00 am. I just can't depend on you." He said I better leave before his wife gets a hold of me because she was really mad. Whatever Grandpa.

I also mowed for another old guy who had a grown daughter living at home. One day I was mowing on my Velke. I had on a hat that she thought looked like a cowboy hat. She stepped out the back door and motioned for me to come. So I shut down my mower, took off my head phones, took out my earplugs and said "Yes?" She said "You like like a cowboy riding that thing". Another time she had me stop mowing so she could offer me a donut.
  10. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Did she offer you any speical favors?? :blob2: