Your goals for 2005...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by o-so-n-so, Dec 25, 2005.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

For the guys that set goals. How did you do for 2005?

1.Gross sales..I like 2500.00 to make my goal. Should make it if my contracts pay on time and do a few clean ups. I got one small install started that I will finish this week. I'm on track for reaching this goal.

The rest of my goals..... I did't make it.
    1. Planned on buying a Goose neck Dump, Nope.
    2. Wanted to learn Quick-books Pro inside and out, Na Na.
    3. Wanted to pay off some major debts, didn't happen.
    4. Wanted to grow a little, instead I let my main helpers go in august and re adjusted my whole set up. Non productive labor was killing me. Once I done this my profits did start to rebound back and ended up with a good profit for the year.
    5. Didn't add any services like i had planned. My labor problems had something to do with this.
    6. Improve image....planned on keeping equipment and trucks washed weekly, I failed to do so. Just not enough hours in the day.
    7. Wanted my OTPC certification, didn't do it.
    8. Had a few personal one that were about 50/50.

Basically I have decided to go back completely solo next year, manage MY time better, pick and chose my jobs, don't take any crap from the pita customers and try a different target market on the mow customers.

2. Happy to say I've met my goals, I'm still alive and healthy so I'm doing good.

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would say that I hit some and not others. I will have better defined goals for 2006.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I More than met some of my goals for 2005, and fell short in some. I think for the most part 2005 was a great success.

I think if I could get 2004 weather, and my 2005 business structure we would have an AWSOME year in 2006.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

2005 was really good year for me, both business wise and personal. I've a pretty good feeling about next year also.

6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

2005 was terrible business wise...lost alot of $$$ because of the midwest drought but I feel very good about 2006.....just because of the amount of snow we have had so far makes me think we might be able to make up for it. I really hope so because I want my new diesel truck very very bad!:p :rolleyes:

7. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

to find a job I give up

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a good year, got my OTPS and SLP license in June and started about twelve customers on Lawn Treatments. We plan 2006 to go to all 12 month contracts and focus on High-end residential properties. This is the first year we have add two new contract customers in December. I hope everyone has a Happy and a very Prosperous New Year.:waving:

9. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I was able to buy 61.9 acres of the 102 acres that was my granddads farm when my dad and aunt sold it this year. Couldn't get the financing for the whole thing but buying as much of it as I did was a surprise to a lot of people. It's a long story but some family members fought me on it every step of the way. They didn't want it but couldn't stand the idea of me having it.
    Working on that deal was a major distraction for me all year. Now I hope I can get busy this year and grow my companies.

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

well i failed most of my goals... even failed my goal of getting out of business in 2005... each season i kept talking myself into just waiting to see if it got better.....

i've been plagued with problems, not enough business, so i don't make enough, therefore have to use OLD JUNK to git r done, old junk nickle dimes you to death, breaks down when you need it, yeah its paid for, but its a pain at times. i love old stuff but its not for businesses really.... even when i get fed up with old junk and buy new stuff i have problems with it. employee moved this summer. business was bad despite doing lots more advertising, the only good season is this winter i got way booked on snow removal which can be a good problem but you shouldn't let yourself do it... i did. we got a 6" storm early on in the season, got through it only broke a plow solenoid. otherwise went great. today my transmission took a poop in the plowtruck. bah-humbug.... just another fine day in paradise... the Cummins is wore out, i wish someone would hit it and total it (preferable when its parked and i'm not in it) needs front end, brakes, transmission, the body is dented and scratched all over, and its still just a 2wd so not worth putting a whole lot into......
    insurance out the wazoo.
    payments on the lazer (everything else is 100% paid for thankfully).
    fuel cost went up alot this year which hurt me too....

Just a bad year for my business... really burnt out and frustrated. ready to have a career change just don't know what else i would do...