YOUR help is needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Administrator, Jul 14, 2000.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Hello everyone.<p>I registered the domain name TurfSearch.com and I am going to build a turf industry search engine around the site.<p>I need you guys to help me brainstorm the categories and sub-categories of the lawn and land landscape industry and everything relevent to the TURF industry.<p>I am having the same company that designed CreditDepot.com do TurfSearch.com. It will be setup very similar but will relate to the turf industry and not credit.<p>Let me know your ideas. I apprecite it.<p>

2. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I like the idea of having manufacters like www.yetmans.com go to manufacters

3. Administrator

The listing of sites will be totally up to the manufacturer. Like a search engine.. if you want to be listed in that search engine you have to add your site. I just need turf industry related categories and subcategories.<p>Everything Turf Related... Manufacturers, Dealers, Lawn and Landscape Companies.. etc...etc...

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Employment Opportunities-companies could put help wanted ads in

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

University extensions<p>Auto insurance<p>Sod farms

6. whartford

whartford LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Trade Publications<br>Mail Order Parts Suppliers<br>Link to this forum and others<p>Just My $.02<p>Bill

7. Administrator

Thanks for the input so far guys.. keep them coming.

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Might as well put in the Turf related magazines too. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

9. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

University of Florida has some excellent research articles as well as printed materials (online as well) on turf grasses and soil.<p>Small business links.<p>Tax help links.<p>Medical insurance & liability insurance for green industries.<p>Safety and OSHA links.<p>Licensing and certification links, by state.<p>Investment/retirement plans for green industry small business owners.<p>Current events and legistlation for Green Industry and Pest/Fert Apps. (ie noise pollution/anti- leafblower laws stirring around in Florida now).<p>Links to Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues would be refreshing.<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

10. Hello Chuck:<p>It would be a lot easier for everyone to help if you just put up a temporary page with a list & maybe different catagories. It doesn't have to be anything fancy?<p>Just a thought & it would get a lot more feedback. If it can be seen, it's a lot easier to visualize? Then the ideas would come rolling in?<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/