Your hourly expense rate

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stevenf, May 3, 2012.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

After terrible tax balances for last year and super high quarterly for this year, I am having to reevaluate my bidding process and hourly charges. I came up with a brief guesstimate of $15.50 an hour not including my handheld equipment and vehicle depreciation. Just wanted to see what some of you guys were at?
    I was thinking of giving handheld two year life spans and vehicle 150,000 miles.Any suggestions?

2. stevenf

Just broke down vehicle and equipment depreciation and that puts in in the ball park of $22.66 per hour toward expenses.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Are talking about hourly overhead rate? I know what I have to make everyday just to cover overhead. Divide that by say an 8hr day, that would be my hourly expense rate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Good god, if I was only spending $15.50 an hour Id be rich.

I'm obviously assuming you're solo as part of the reason its that low, but still.....

5. stevenf

22.66 is more accurate. I have one full time 1099 only because I haven't met with CPA to setup payroll.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. stevenf

Yes,hourly overhead
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

i also do 2 yr for handhelds and 150,000 on trucks. Mine is 30-35 with a 15 an hour helper and no salary included. I dont have it quite as exact as some but i shoot high on everything

8. BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm solo and figured an hourly @ $25 per hour. I will say the marketing was a very heavy part of this as I'm tring to expand. To give you an idea I figured 10k in fuel a year and 10k in marketing a year thats right at $13.34 an hour if you work 1500 hours a year which is about 8 months. So yes $15 is really low.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WHAT ??????????

WHERE IN THE NAME OF GOD are you GUYS getting these numbers ????

is this a solo operation ????

My time alone is 125.00 PER HOUR,,,,,

I have around 90 per hour going out the door.

10. stevenf

I keep coming up with a few things here and there that increase it. That 22.66 does not include equipment maintenance. I bid jobs around $75.00 per hour