1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your hourly rate for leaf removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Nov 4, 2003.

What is your hourly rate for leaf removal?

1. $30-40/hour

32 vote(s)
  2. $41-50/hour

27 vote(s)
  3. $51-60/hour

15 vote(s)
  4. $61-70/hour

13 vote(s)
  5. $71+/hour

10 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

What is your hourly rate for leaf removal?
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

depends on what equipment is involved. I use the fastest/easiest on each property but charge differently for each method according to difficulty and cost to operate. For general rate I charge $50/hr as average but if the majority of the job was using a b/p blower it might be $45 if i decide to, and if using mostly the big vac catcher on mower might be $55. since the time is usually divided between the two machines it is generally $50.
  3. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have the hourly rate in your head, then give the customer a flat rate?
    Or do you tell the customer $50 an hour?
  4. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

120$ an hour, 3 Guys and equipment.... If they don't like it, they can get little billy with daddy's Black and Decker.:p
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$65 - $95 per man/hour...and yes, it depends on what equipment we're using.
  6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Prices really need to be on the higher end of the spectrum if actually removing and disposing the leaves (with regards to the poll). If just blowing into the woods, the middle is just about right.
  7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I always price leaf cleanups by the job. In the amount of time I've been doing this, I've gotten pretty good at estimating how long it will take me. At first, shorted myself a couple of times.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Do you make that doing lawns also?

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

Im new at it this year. But getting the hang of it.. Depends on a lot of things, how many trees, how big they are, how tight the area is, which equipment ill use.
    I start with figureing out how much i would charge to cut the property then add some in for difficulty (see above) if needed. Then usualy multiply that price by 4... gives me a general price to work with....
    Seems to work so far
    I usually come in and do 2 cleanups.. first one is general. just to stay ahead of the game a little . the second is the last and final, more intense cleanup.. and cut and trim the grass.I usually bag the lawns anyways, so its just the more debris, and blowing out of gardens to deal with ....
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Mowing lawns is EASIER and requires LESS equipment. If your not getting MORE for leaf removal, something is wrong.