your income

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Sep 3, 2003.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i just started my bus. this year i was wondering is it possible to make $80-$100,000 a year in this business it seems like this industry is small compared to others and there seems to be tons of competition to deal with do any of you make over 100K a year i have a neighbor that seems do be doing pretty good 100-150 i know money is not always everything if you can do what you love but i would like a larger income

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Yes

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I think many make over 100 g's, I would hope so, many have spent over 100 g's in eguipment over time.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Anything is possible.. I guess. I think it would be difficult to do $80,000-100,000 each year by yourself though.

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

very possible...payup

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Do you think that's possible "solo", which is how I read the message?????

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Gross or net?

Possible as a 1 man but you have to have the right location and the right equipment and that includes a body that can take a beatin.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Money Is everything. Now i said that you can make more but you will need help.
    John

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

I took it as a general question.

Now lets analyze.......:cool:
    To make $X
    Gross?
    Net?

Anything is possible. If you work year round and have the right clientel. The money he is saying can be doable solo. Year round I am sure, up north that maybe a stretch.

10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Lets put it this way. If you could get in 2000 hours of work in your season... you would need to make $50 for each of those 2000 hours. That would mean 50 hours a week for 40 weeks or 55 hours for 36 or 62 hours for 32....

If your are full service and do snow too... I think it's possible.