1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your just too expensive

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TJLANDS, Jul 5, 2006.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

two weeks later,
    :laugh: just had to take the picture

pictures 06 145 (Small).jpg
  2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure out how that pattern developed.

You need to drive by beeping the horn and waving.:waving:
  3. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

What is even better: Someone has an "education", an "education" good enough to land a "job" that is good enough to create a "paycheck" that is large enough to be able to "afford" a nice house like that. THEN, they go outside and exercise that "education" behind the DROP spreader, to create these "intricate patterns" that are the envy of the neighborhood. How in the HELL can you face the neighbors, knowing that you are responsible for this? Then they will just hire somene to correct their mistake, all the while boasting to their neighbors that they now have their own "personal" landscaper. It's a JOKE, they are a JOKE, and their lives are nothing but a huge JOKE. You have to wonder what happens AFTER you see them purchasing some power tools at the local box store. THE PAMPERED GENERATION...
  4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Everytime I drive by a lawn that looks like that I wish I had my camera. I would start a thread with homowner fert. jobs. At least I hope the homeowner did that.

That's just too funny.
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If you take an airial photo of it, is the pattern flipping you off?
  6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

what the heck is that...it must have been their first time cutting
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have (had) a customer next door to a few others that I do that his wife let me go because I wouldn't spray their weeds in their brand new lawn in he heat of last July (95 degree temps for 30 days straight). I wanted o wait until the temps cooled down and explained this to them to just concentrate on the growth right now, and we'll blanket it later. Well, she was taken in by the promises of a chemlawn kid, and went for it. Well, this year, gus what? The guy is "doing it himself". I talked to the wife about two weeks ago, because the lawn was completely striped from fert. in an evenly striped pattern all te way across the lawn - row after row. All I could say to the wife was...."Well, atleast he got HALF of it done!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  8. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Gotta agree with G.M., we need a place to put in pics of botched homeowner fert./pesticide jobs. I see this type of work almost daily and have been called out to try to "fix" the lawn after hubby has used the old drop-spreader to apply product(s). Most of the time the wife calls as her "lesser half" is far too embarassed to call for help or advice. This particular guy looks like he is living on the ragged edge of his means. Couldn't afford TJ's service, take note of the lack of landscaping and not even a hint of brick on the house (all vinyl siding) but he does have the minimum requirements to keep up with the Joneses, large corner lot with two car garage.
  9. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

that's a real shame that they are ******** not to take your services and then go and do something like that. In a development i work, i think they all got togather to try and make the best pattern on thier lawn:hammerhead: !
  10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

it looks like someone used a drop spreader for fert thinking it was going to oooze out to the other ereas they didnt hit.