1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your Kawasaki Experiences?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used Kawasaki's nicest trimmer, one and only edger, and strongest backpack blower? What do guys think about Kawaski's outdoor equipment overall? I want to buy 2 Toro 21" Commercial push mowers with 6HP Kawasaki engines and use all Kawasaki small engine accesories. Does this sound like a good idea, or should I go with STIHL? Those are my two options.
  2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

How many more 21" you would like to buy??? It takes 5-10 min by a 52" to do what those 21" trying to accomplish in an hour. Just me, I would not spend 1k+ on those 21" commercial.
  3. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Never really tried kawi, I heard that thier small power equipment isin't the best. It depends on what your doing. For commercial heavy dudy work. I think that stihl is the best. I'm looking at the honda 4 stroke right now because they are real smooth with no hard vibrations like you get with a stihl because the clutch is so strong. You got to where hearing protection with the stihl. My dad lost 35% of his hearing in his right ear in 1 year using the stihl because he forget ear plugs a few days. The honda is real quiet too. I like the honda because it dosent stink. Sometime with the stihl it makes my eyes water from the fumes. I would go with a honda if you got a dealer by. See what other people got to say about kawi.
  4. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

I see that you just can't wait to spend all of your 4k on SOMETHING - I'd still say save it for a WB, trailer, etc. Don't spend all of your money now just for the hell of it.

To the Kawasaki equipment - I have two WB's with Kawasaki engines, great engines. I have a KTR27a trimmer, it's a pretty good trimmer. The engine itself is great, I wish the trimmer put out a couple more inches of line though, and it can get bogged down and wrapped in grass in heavy growth. But it is good for maintaining weekly accounts.
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

About the only thing bad I can say about it is that the vibration from the solid mounted engine was a little harsh, but other wise I really liked it.. I especially like the " pushbutton " choke setup Kawi used on it.. I think that should be an industry standard..

Two of my Exmark 21" mowers have the older 5.5hp Kawi's, and I really like em..

HOWEVER, on the bigger equipment, I'll take a Kohler any day over the Kawi's.. That's just MHO..
  6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We service two radically different account types. Chicago and close vicinity Where the accounts are the size of a stamp (some of the stamps are 18 and a half cent stamps) The trailers that go out for the Chicago accounts, have Honda 21 inch mowers and one 36 Exmark.A 50 or 60 inch 10thosand dollar ztr isn’t required for these stamp and half stamp accounts. A 21-inch Honda is actually MORE productive!

Now the suburban area We service, most accounts on average are ½ acre,your right on the money about your 52. These accounts get an exmark 60-inch lazer z turned out to prowl the turf! In this case scenario, a 21-inch would be stupid to use instead of your 52.
    In city areas like chicago ,the 21-inch is often the better choice.