Your kidding me, no gas cap?!?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by twomancrew, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I would buy something like that...

2. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

I was just reading the post the other day, I thought to myself, "I have been doing this stuff for years and leaving the a gas cap off is something I have never done." Well, sure enough, it happened yesterday. Lucky for me the string on the cap works and I didn't lose any gas.

3. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

About $3 IMO. No offense dude, the cap cost me $13. I can keep an extra and be careful so I don't have this happen again. I would buy something like ur product if I see it available. Feel free to revive this thread if you come up with something. Lucky for me the UPS truck was early and the dealer called me at 9:30 this morning with the replacement.

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like an interesting idea

5. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

None taken. I get that. I probably wouldn't pay much more than that either. But not having to get another gas cap saves you $13, plus the gas to get to your dealer and back, plus the time and hassle. You save money at $10 a tether if you would otherwise have only lost just one gas cap in future. I dunno. Maybe i'm over-thinking this...:hammerhead::laugh:

6. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut a water bottle in half, jam the cut in into the tank, and when you need to fill up just unscrew the top.

7. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

never lost a gas cap or forgot to put one on, that's first thing i do after i'm done filling up. my walk behind didn't have a tether and it never was lost, my scag tiger cub had dual tanks and i never lost a cap or any gas from forgetting to put them on, and my cheetah has tethers on both gas caps so i doubt i'll ever lose a gas cap on that or forget to put the cap on...

8. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    mandatory message