Your Machine Is IN...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Rick13, Mar 24, 2012.

1. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

NO....Not when the ground is that hard!

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks...so the advertised 1200lbs of down force is somewhat misleading?

3. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure if its the weight of machine + rider/driver + 600 or 900 pounds per inch? I think that was Lawn Solutions formula??? Or the weight of the machine was around 1200 pounds???

I usually set my PSI at 450...and pull 3 to 4 inches.

And no, the rider won't punch cores that deep when it's this dry. In fact, if the ground is hard, the tines will lift the machine up in the air...where the rear tires don't touch....or has for me when standing still.

4. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Quite a different story here in Florida, while aerating soaking wet lawns today this possible ad phrase hit me: "Pull the Plug on standing water" Anyone else care to perfect this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

picked up my machine yesterday! ready to get it to work!

6. xtreem3d

pics? observations?

7. Rick13

Here's a nice aeration picture!!!

Riding Aerator 4.jpg

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Posted via Mobile Device I've got one pic on my phone. Have to plug it into the computer to upload it. Made a couple of test passes at the dealer. I like what I see so far. I guess I have one concern in the amount of clearance the tines have when in transport.

9. Rick13

The riding aerator goes up my ramp (4ft long) and I never bottom out the tines when loading into my trailer. It has a short wheel base. And my trailer does not have a dove tail either.

10. xtreem3d

I am ready to buy one but really want more versatilty with it , kinda like the z-plugger with tank and hopper. I can buy a spyker hopper for the ride on aerator like the Z-spray's have but I cannot locate a price ...does anyone know what the 120lb hopper with controller costs?