Your Machine Is IN...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Rick13, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I would still like to see some good close ups of the plugs this deal pulls. On the ground. Not in your hand.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked mine up. Alot better in person. Don't have a camera with me or I'd take pics. been raining for about 1 and half days. At 200lbs it pulls good plugs in the soft soil. What I am happiest about is that there is plenty of room around the frame to mount saddle tanks and pump and of course a spreader out front..hopefully a small boom or collapsable one too.
    Steve

3. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi xtreem3d!
    If you do add a spreader and sprayer to your aerator machine, post some pictures. I would like to see how you did it.

What type of sprayer are you thinking of using on your riding aerator?

4. xtreem3d

I am going to add the JRCO electric spreader with control box and cable accuated feed gate because the dealer will have it in a day..no one has a Spyker local and I am in a hurry.

As far as spray setup, I am going to use a boom, probably 2 or 3 nozzles. http://www.gemplers.com/product/126...-12-volt-25-gallon-Three-section-Folding-Boom Fimco has some setups that I think I could fab to fit. I am also thinking about buying the tanks from Turfco and fabing from there.
    http://www.gemplers.com/product/134464/FIMCO-ATV-Two-nozzle-80-Boom-Kit

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

xtreem3d...did you look at TurfEx? I have a few of there attachments for my zero turn....and they seem very well built. I have the flex hitch with the thatch, groom, N' sweep kit.

The flex hitch and dethatcher work great!!! Very heavy duty too.

But TurfEx has a boom and boom less sprayer and fertilizer spreader for zero turns. You might like them???

And once you get your new super spreading, spraying, aerating machine put together....post some pictures!!! I can't wait!!!

I knew that 2" hitch mount would come in handy on the riding aerator!!!

6. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I wouldnt want to expose the metal to fertilizer. Aren't you afraid of the corrosion?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. xtreem3d

I am... but I knew buying that the only way I could jutify the cost is to add these attachments. I wasn't ready to go buy a z spray also. I think I will try spraying the front end with WD40 before any apps and clean it good afterwards...little more work but that's the way it is.
    Steve

8. xtreem3d

Thanks Rick...I'll check them out,
    Steve

9. xtreem3d

Rick,
    Maybe I am missing it...I can't locate them on their site
    Steve

10. xtreem3d