Your Machine Is IN...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Rick13, Mar 24, 2012.

1. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, what do you get per acre anyway?

2. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Easiest way is to remove the drive chains. Take off master key.
    I've changed the belts. you have to drop the trans down to change the belts.

3. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

I experienced tear-out twice in the last week & in both cases discovered a grub infestation. A quick google search on the DROID & we both learned that their pest control services were sloppy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GW Andy

GW Andy LawnSite Member

Thanks Rabbitman,

The dealer told me today that those levers on top of the hydros (they are made out of flat stock) are the hydro releases. But do to a design flaw they don't rotate far enough to release the hydro (they hit the pump before you can rotate them far enough). When I get the machine back from the dealer I'll look at them. Maybe I can shorten the levers so they rotate far enough.

5. adam.neusbaum

Its to bad that we shell out over $8k & we have to hold our breath over where the first problem is going to come from.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Faster to just disconnect chains!

7. adam.neusbaum

Speaking of which: After topdressing today I thought it might be good to aerate just a few little troublespots. Ever have that inclination that the little "freebie" is going to make ya wish you'd just left the machine on the trailer? After a couple turns I lost all left hand drive as I noticed the pile of chain laying on the ground. Looks like the masterlink just fell out. Wasn't that a fun thing, having to push the left side straight while trying to get a >13 hour meter machine up the trailer ramp. Maybe we the end users are the Research & Development division? Maybe it was in the fine print at the time of purchase and I neglected to read it? Do companies feel so rushed to get something to production they fail to run many field-test?

8. adam.neusbaum

So glad I went back & re-read this posting, cause I was wondering what was binding up under there. The chain tension is fine so I was stumped at the occasional popping sound. I'll look for the "gusset" to grind. Thanks!

9. adam.neusbaum

The set-screws on the outside drive shaft bearing pillow-blocks loosened allowing the Right side facing drive chain to rub behind the wheelwell & the masterlink came apart. With a new one ($2) it was back together. Something to keep an eye on.
    During my hour lunch-break today I aerated a small corner-lot but afterward was told their phone just went out. Was only at 300 psi too. I suggested it must not have been buried to code, apologized & just made it back to the office 1 minute over. I hate rushing thru a job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

I'll have to check mine..thanks...my first issue with binding was defintely the gusset getting rubbed....BTW can you even get your guage up to 1200 ?..mine seems to top out at about 400 but i can feel a definte drag the more i turn up the pressure, maybe the guage isn't working
    Steve