Your Machine Is IN...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Rick13, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good. How many passes is that?

2. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Single pass at 7 mph & depth to the second knuckle. I used to do it with the XT5.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet, I don't even think I mow that fast:laugh:

I am strongly considering getting one of those or the dual hydro unit they are supposed to be releasing. The dual hydro looks like it will be pretty versatile yet still be productive.

4. adam.neusbaum

After servicing new customers this spring I'm just now calling on last years to schedule aeration. One client said he wasn't very pleased with the depth results of last years plugs pulled. (One of my first, lawn was very dry & was using the XT5) Believe it or not, I was actually knodding & smiling as he described it & replied that that's precisely why I went and made a further investment for a better machine. After describing the benefits of the Exmark Stand-on unit he said "ok, I'll give it another chance". With all the rain we've been getting here lately we should be able to do a great job. Makes you feel even better having just purchased a second 30" machine.

5. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

I would like it if Toro or ExMark would make a 60 inch riding aerator!!!!

They could use a 24 hp Kawasaki engine, extend the core aerator arm into two 30" tines....that would work just like the current 30" riding aerator.

If you are listening Toro.....I would buy one right now....I've got some huge yards that are open.....and a 60 inch riding aerator would be amazing!!!!

I think I will try to call someone at Toro/ExMark and see if that would be something they could do????

6. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

Thank you for the feedback. We have shared it with our product development team for future consideration

7. adam.neusbaum

Exmark, this is a great way to communicate with us end users. Wanted to mention that the wide jackshaft that drives the wheels/tines seems to come with loose set-screws. Last November my first machine started popping it was because that shaft worked its way to one side which pressed the sprocket into the wheel well wall & was binding up. Most recently my second 30" stand on started doing the same thing. We loosened all 4 screws completely then tapped the shaft to center & tightened them down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Mine had the same issue when new

9. adam.neusbaum

Actually dealing with this again today. The shaft could have been a little longer. Its flush on one side & in by 1/4" on the other so that the set screw wont even touch the shaft.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

We are aware of this issue and it has been addressed for 2013 models. We are assuming you have a 2012 model. Please contact Exmark Customer Service at 1-800-667-5296 and they can help you with the issue.