Your most bizarre/horrorfying/funny experince while working

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shades of Green LService, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine would fall under the horrorfying category. 2 seasons ago i went to my last stop of the day and started working. When i got to the backyard i found my customer dead on the ground. She was a nice old lady who REALLY shouldn't have been out side trying to do yard work. I called 911 waited for the cops to come and after they questioned me i went home. That vision haunted me for the rest of the season.
    -Jay

2. Rfarmsbig

Rfarmsbig LawnSite Member

That would suck big time.

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

That must have stopped you dead in your tracks.

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Uh....Ummm.....Uhhh....Hmmm

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Unusual one here:

Last year while mowing at a local church I maintain, I almost ran over an iguana. Yes, one of those big lizard lookin' things. He climbed up a pecan tree and stayed there soaking in the sun all day until I left. Needless to say, next week he was gone.:)

6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Be glad you didnt run over her with your mower , i guess the back lawn did not get mowed ?

7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

dang that would really suck...

i have one that i will post in the morning, to much to type right now

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

didnt happen to me..thankfully but i was in a basement wiring up a septic tank and the plumbers were in there. Well one stepped back and his leg went down through the sump pump tank lid into a full sump pump...it didn't rain since the basement was dug, yet the thing was full of "water".... turns out the mexicans who frame the house use it as a toilet instead of walking 100yards to the nearest porta-potty...needless to say it was the end of that guys day

9. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

Thats gross, i guess the plumber must have wanted to smash his head in. just thinking the plumber had to drive home after working in that smelling pants.

10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

haha no he was down there with 2 other guys that all came in 1 van...the 3 of us laughed our asses off but the one who it happened to didn't think it was too funny...they're plumbers though...they're use to smelling that stuff...i know i am...installing/repairing/pumping septic tanks...i've had quite a few close calls myself