Your most cost for a job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, May 12, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

What's your guys most expensive total for a job in maintennace in 1 day?

I just landed a $555 garden bed maintenance job at a freaking $2-3 million dollar home! It's right by the beach and boat marina!

I can't believe how rich some people are.. These folks are unbelivelably wealthy that after I complete this garden bed if I do a good job, they want me to come by with a bobcat and remove and scoop up some stuff. I told htem I can't do that and I need to call in somebody!

and this job @ $555 is just in the rear of the house!

I will try and upload some pictures, but this house is CRAZY BIG!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I think the most profit I ever netted in one day was something like $1,200.00 or so. Saturday I did $850.00 net, but then again since Jan I've only worked on the weekends due to being 200 miles away at school. Now gross profit I've done a $4,000.00 job in one day with one helper. But I hauled balls through that thing. It's not the amount of money that you make though, because I rarely land ig jobs like that, I'm still a small company.

Good luck on this flower bed job, do a good job and he'll keep coming back for more.

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

yesterday was a good day. $1500 gross, $1000 gross profit.

laid 2400 sq feet of sod all by my lonesome. I slept good after I lost 5 lbs of dirt in the shower.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

My best day to date (only 2nd year) was $1200 gross with aerating and dethatching this spring. 13 hour day, and I slept like a baby.

5. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

My best gross profit for one day is $850. Best gross profit per hour? $300 last saturday. Customer was a complete PITA and I really didn't want to do the work so I bid the job at triple what I normally would just so they would stop pestering me and say "NO!" Well they said yes and then the job took about 3/4 the time I estimated. They wanted to pay less and I just said, "You knew how much work was here before you said yes. Price is $300"

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Jwing!

I just can't believe how big this house is it's so AMAZING!!!

I will get some pictures next week ... It's like your own island!