Your most famous customer? let's hear it

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, May 22, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Here's my personal favorite:

Dallas, TX 1978. My trainer (originally from Virginia Beach) and I were riding in a ChemLawn tanker truck. As I was driving, he said to me, "Guess who our next stop is?" I said "I don't know". He said, "his initials are M.M.". I said "Mickey Mouse?" He said "no". I said "well who is it?". He said "you'll find out".

We rolled up to our next stop. Rang the doorbell. A nice lady came to the door, and my trainer said "Good morning Mrs. Mantle"......my jaw dropped!
    Mickey Mantle! Holy sh-t.....my all-time hero Mickey Mantle's house (north Dallas). (we sprayed his arborvitaes for bagworms)

I could go on about this, but I would like to hear other members' experiences regarding your most famous or most interesting customer.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Nobody famous, just some well off people.

3. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

service Drew Bledsoe lawn (back when he was New England Patriots) when he lived in west bridgewater, MA

Mo Voughn- Boston Red Sox

we currently service:
    Mr Rogers ...but not he one from PBS
    Dave Thomas...but not the one who founded Wendys burgers
    Howard Stren...but not the one you're thinking of
    Ronald Howard (ron howard)....but he's not the actor/director
    hmmm, i know there are more....

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Its been discussed before. Celebrity status shouldn't chage how one does business or have any effect on quality of work.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

LindblomRJ -- I did a search on this site & found nothing. Sorry.

Celebraty status vs how my company does work has nothing in common. We do a professioinal job every time, leave the bill, and go on to the next job.....nomatter who it is.

Why did you mention this? Cuz this ain't about bragging - it's more about interesting stories I (and probably other members) would like to hear.

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

7. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Mickey Vernon - baseball player from the 50-s & 60s. 2 time batting champ, nicest guy I have ever done work for.

Jack Nilon - local big business guy, claim to fame was that he was Sonny Listons (heavyweight champ) manager.

Jennifer Aniston - unfortunately my alarm clock went off shortly after I planted a skyrocket juniper in between her tulips.

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I had Steve Entmann as a customer when he was with the colts, he had bought the house from Eric Dickerson. I was doing his neighbors lawn and he came over to talk about "doin somthin" with his lawn! his grass must have been a foot tall. he said he really didn't care but the neighbors were starting to complain! this was in a neighborhood with multi million $$ homes!

9. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

The best i can do is Dr. Phill's Sister. Nice lady had this small crippled dog and a pool in the back yard. She had 2 fences, one big privacy fence that was pad locked, then a small picket fence around the pool also locked, she was so worried about the someone stealing her dog. She would never unlock the gate, she would open the garage door and we would have to go through the side door into the back. Major pain. Not the best story but the closest to a celebrity i have.

10. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Temu Selane and Tie Domi (NHL players), when they shared a house in Winnipeg. Cal Murphy (coach of the Blue Bombers) and the Richardsons, owners of the Richardson building here in Winnipeg.

They were all very amazed to meet me.:)

When I was a kid I got Gene Simmons autograph, I also played hockey against one of Bobby Hulls sons.