1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your most succesful method of....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by haynestotallawns, Apr 24, 2004.

1. haynestotallawns

haynestotallawns LawnSite Member
    from SC

attracting new customers? I've heard word of mouth, flyers, quality of work, business cards, phone books, etc. What about networking with other LCO's in your area? I think their is a big upside to it as I have recieved calls from people who were referred to me by other LCO's or nursery's in my area and I've always gotten that persons business. What are some of YOUR best ways of attracting new customers?
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I show alittle leg.............lol.
    I do a good job for my current accounts and they reffer me non-stop.
  3. haynestotallawns

from SC

So word of mouth works best for you? That's great, it's the tried and true method that has always been around.

Anyone else?
  4. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the word of mouth method. If the guy across the street sees how good you do then he might want the service. Then you have 2 accounts right next to eachother! I always try to make the accounts I care for look better than every yard in the neighborhood. You know the Jones are always trying to keep up with the Smiths down the road and if that means getting the same lawn service they'll do it.
  5. haynestotallawns

from SC

another vote for word of mouth. Good stuff, I love when the neighbors start asking for quotes, that lets you know your doing a good job.
  6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

100% of any potential customers that come my way are through word-of-mouth. I dont advertise and am turning down work every day. I have a limited amount of hours that I devote to this work. There is no better advertising than word-of-mouth.
  7. The Hokie Okie

The Hokie Okie LawnSite Member

I went door to door last week and some people (who we had never even seen or heard of) had already heard of us. It was rather satisfying.
  8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Exactly............(and showing alittle leg never hurts.........well, mine might blind people)
  9. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Low Balling seems to work good.

Just follow the other guys around and tell their customers that I will do the job for $10.00 less than what the other guy is charging them. Works everytime...

No seriously

Most of business has came from referrels by customers.
    They are just three LCO's in this area and we all get along well and will reffer each other for a job if one does not want nor need it.
  10. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

Word of mouth gets me more work than I want. That and people stopping on my job sites while working... Plus I keep my number unpublished, too many just looking for cheapest price. I am one of the more expensive companies in my area, and have more work than I want...Chuck