Your New

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Jan 10, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Competition. Self guided lawn mower. It will be out 2006:mad: More later:eek:

John

mas02.jpg

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Big John...can ya operate it from your crusie ship lol???

3. John Gamba

from ct

Thats the whole idea:drinkup:

4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I can just see my customers running out to buy that thing. How big is it? They might as well just park a road crew on their lawn.
    That thing wont take business away from you unless you are doing 15 acres of flat surface.

kc

5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

there will be lots of trimming after following than thing around.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking the same thing. I bet you would go through a lot of blades unless you was running in front of it.

7. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Wow...I'm sure the client will miss their little dog!!!

8. John Gamba

from ct

Its a Little better then you think. They have two mowers the other one has a bagger. They are computer controlled with a program and a full floating deck and rotary blade deck.

This is just the Beging of the future. They laughed at the wright brothers.

John

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Seems like it would be a gas guzzler. With the added weight of all the computer stuff on there to control it and all those metal protector things around the sides and since it deffinatly wouldn't be as effincient IMO as if there was a human operator on a regular WB i would think it would go through alot of gas. Just my .02 though

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I saw one at the GIE expo in orlando. the guy was starting a demo on it...he fired it up and turned on the computer. I promptly drove itself thorugh the "reflector" stakes(imaginary wall) and almost hit a guy demoing a spreader in the next booth....Everybody started laughin...it was great....

You will either have to put markers on the property or GPS program the entire lot....to get it to work real good....but I dont think i'd turn it loose without watching it...and this one had a small engine powering a generator and had electric motors spinningthe blades.

100_3002.jpg