Your Not Going To Believe This

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow"N"Bud, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

The background-I have a contract with a client who is living in Italy for an extended amount of time, and has rented their home out. No problem for past 6 months (no renter) recently the renter moved in. Yesterday I went there to service the property. I noticed she had a dog because of the dog po and grass dying in spots due to the dog peeing on the lawn. Later while I am at another property the renter calls my wife who answered the business line and gets cursed out like a dog. Wife calls me to inform me the renter claims I pulled up her tomato plants when I weeded, and that spots in the back were dying. I go back to the property, and am met by a screaming hostile renter. While she is ranting about the tomato plants a coon comes out of the woods to her garden grabs a tomato plant and runs back to the woods with it in it's mouth. All caught on my camera phone. She looked like you could have pushed her over with a feather. Next I explained it was her dogs urine that was spot killing the grass. Now she is really eating crow. (Oh by the way as the renter she is not allowed to have a dog)(dog and pee spots on camera phone). When I asked for an apology she flatly refused because as she put it I am hired to serve her. Over my dead body. Earlier I emailed the property owner in Italy. His reply Eviction Notice Sent. No dogs allowed. I like to be right.:waving:

2. MLawns

MLawns LawnSite Member

Nice work Mow"N"Bud. I'm new to the site, as far as chatting anyhow. Every time I tried to punch in a user name it was taken so I shortened my bus. name and here I am.:dizzy:

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't this time great for technology assisting us. Even 5 years ago it would have been hard to prove immediately because you would have to have a camera or if your were in the bucks a "digital" camera. Now they are on phones.
    Good job in protecting yourself and documenting the incident. Hey , right is right and talking to a person doesn't entail screaming or making you feel less because you are the lawn professional. I am sure if this renter courteously called and asked you to stop by you would have explained everything to her without incident. She obviously thought nothing of you and now she is thinking where is my next address. Some people will constantly have problems in life because they never learned how to respect others. I hope the crow tastes rotten as she bar-b-q's it in her new backyard. Have a good one and nice job.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Alright...chalk one up for the lawn guy. :clapping:

5. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Was it night time? Raccoons usually only come out at night.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Good for you! Especially the part about you are hired to serve her, now that would have pizzed me off bigtime! Isnt technology great, even though I dont own a camera phone yet.

7. Mow"N"Bud; Good job! We're service providers not servants. Even servants don't tolerate getting cussed out. My congratulations to you for keeping a cool head.

8. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm extremely confused, did you catch a coon stealing food in the day or do you have a great camera phone. I've been looking for a phone with a night-use camera that actually works for some time.

9. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Did you also get a photo of the raccoon urinating in the yard? They have to go somewhere.

10. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

We would love to see the picture you sent your client of the racoon running in the back yard during the day with a tomato plant in his mouth.