Your opinion on Scag Deal!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gadam55, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Gadam55

Gadam55 LawnSite Member

52 SCAG RIDER SUPER Z ZERO TURN 22 KOHLER JUST 1000 HOURS ON it. I can buy this mower for $1400. What do you think?

2. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

There is something very wrong with it if you can find one at that price, if you want an honest opinion.

3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

If its a scag super z its pretty old maybe early 90s and thats why its prob so cheap super z is what scag first called there z riders, i myself wouldnt touch it theres better stuff out there for a little more cash

4. Gadam55

Gadam55 LawnSite Member

The guy selling it said it was a 2000 or 2001 and there is nothing wrong with the hydraulics pumps and there aren't any leaks.

5. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

yea I don't believe that either. a hydro pump on that may be $500+ is it does go. our opinion in that's a bad buy.... spend a little more and get something nice.

6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I bought a older turf tiger(98' model) a couple years ago for $1,700 and still havent had anything wrong with it.

But with a super z, sometimes parts are hard to get. and they stoped making them before 2000 since turf tigers came out im 98 to replace them. the price seem ok, but would think you would like a turf tiger better.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Are the hydro pumps Silver and long with no hoses?? Can you post a pic

8. Gadam55

Gadam55 LawnSite Member

I'm not sure if the hydo pumps are silver and long. I haven't seen them yet therefore I also don't have a picture. Why? What is the deal with them? Thank you for your help!

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If its what i think it is, it will have the integrated pump&motor like grass hopper use to have. its a real old slow blade speed rider.

10. Gadam55

Gadam55 LawnSite Member

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you say this in English? Hahaha!