Your opinion on the scag turf tiger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr Priceless, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone actually own one? i'd like to hear a review or two since my dealer doesn't demo one:(:realmad:

2. Mr Priceless

Oh, sry from the vagueness, 61" velocity w/ 35 HP Briggs?

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

That's one bad machine. I've heard no major complaints with Scag. I hate the dampening on the control levers but that's just a personal preference. Good luck, you can't go wrong. Great deck, great cut, high resale value.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

one top mower,whatz the dealer asking.

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have only a 03 Turf tiger. But I love my mower. It runs and cuts second to none. Do know that the 35 Briggs is a horse of a engine. I have talked to a couple of guys that use them and they allow they are awesome engines but at the same time i`m told they do consume some major amounts of fuel. To me a 35 liquid cooled Briggs,61 Velocity would take on anything easily. Wow what a combination. I would be jealous!

6. gatorman1

gatorman1 LawnSite Member

I demoed one last fall 35 air cooled it was a stud. Hope to get one in the spring!!!

7. Mr Priceless

I believe the last time I went in (2 or so weeks ago) he said retail value according to the books is something around 11.5k, tax NOT included. But the price doesn't seem to set me back at all if nonbody has nuthin on that bad boy. Just wondering, i mean, i'm looking at working my a$$ off for the next year and a half to get the machine b4 prices go up on retail. (which is definately likely since steel continues to skyrocket in price:cry:)

And although i may not have many customers as of yet, that is ONE HELLUVA beasty brute to be mowing my [parents'] yard with, watching every single living creature hide from the awesomeness of it.:cool:

You know, it's something i HAVE GOT TO HAVE:eek: :eek:

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2006 Turf Tiger with a 52/ 27 Kohler. It holds hill great and has plenty of power. The new velocity does alot better in wet grass than the advantage deck.

9. Mr Priceless

that's what i've heard, especially about the velocity deck:)

10. Mr Priceless

BUT, this may be a dumb question (oh well), but does Kohler have ANY LC options for scag, or any mower mfg/distributor for that matter?