your opion on this matter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

whats your opinion in this mater and how i handled it?
    here's the email i got;

what i wrote back;

what he wrote back;

now what should you guys think i should do?
    wife say's take it up the rear and appease him
    i think just let him go
    (ps this is the client that dropped me last year due to plant care issues and hired me back this year because the company that replaced me was in and out in 10min and never trimmed the plants and when asked to they were pissy about it)

2. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

Drop him, not worth the the pain....If he calls back next year adjust his rate higher then the norm...

3. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

What concerns me about his letters is that he is almost calling you a lier. His story is so different from yours. I suggest going to see him and talking face to face. Phone calls and emails can be misleading as to their true sentiments. He does at least want to end the business relationship on a positive note, that's good. If he can't understand that you are looking out for him perhaps it's better to thank him for his past business and be on your merry way. However, I'd bet that he'll call you back to work again!

4. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it is almost amazing at times the stories we get from the viewpoint of two people. He's already dropped you.

I can remember many times my wife had viewpoints different than mine finally I dropped her. hah

Nosmo

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Its obviouse to me. I drop customers that are difficult because its not good for business. Replace with two good customers

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It sounds to me like he found someone cheaper.

7. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

So far you have been hired and fired twice by this guy. How badly do you need this account? How much grief do you want at work? At home?

"Thank you for your business, my last cut will be on 11-10"

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Sound like a nice customer in his own way, just seems WAY too picky, i'd say about 2 - 5% of people are going to complain just for the sake of complaining, and will never be satisfied.

I had a customer last year who has complained a few times about grass being thrown into his beds. When he complained again, I said, "Where? I've been very attentive to keeping it out of the beds." He actually PICKED UP A BRANCH OFF A BUSH and showed me clippings under it! As though that would matter in any way! I knew then that I'd be replaced this year and I was. And of course, his lawn has been cut way to short this season, and simply looks lifeless next to how it looked when I was mowing.

9. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't have taken him back, there are some people that look for somthing to complain about. Now the problem is you have done the majority of work, & are going to get stiffed on remaining payments. I would let him go, but remember it if he calls you again.

10. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

End your relationship on as good a note a s possible and move on. They will be nitpicking your work from here on out. I had customers like that and although it was tough dropping them, my stress levels went down and quality of life went up. They can be replaced and there will always be someone that will work cheaper that you. Move on, just my .02