Your own yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hardy Enterprises, Mar 27, 2000.

1. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

I was wondering what everybodies own yard looks like. Is it the best in the neighborhood using it as an image for your company. Or are you so busy cutting everybody else yard that yours looks like a jungle. I personally have my yard on a weekly schedule with the rest of my accounts.<p>Jay

2. sunrise

sunrise Banned

weekly mowing, fert and weed control, 3 plantings a year and watered daily when needed.

3. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

weekly mowing, fertilizer program, the lawn looks good, but the dog has demolished any perennial garden or shrub across the wood line and clear cut most of the back woods.

4. eagle lawn services

eagle lawn services LawnSite Member

I live out on 12 acres back in the woods. I have no lawn and no one can see that I have no lawn. We do however have some acreage to mow a few times a year, usually I have an employee do that as it is a dusty, boring job. I am thankful that when I get home at the end of the day I don't have my own lawn to cut. What is it they say- The cobbler's son is always barefoot.

5. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I OWN A LAWN CARE CO. AND I AM ALSO A JOURNEYMAN CARPENTER.MY HOUSE IS FALLING APART AND MY LAWN LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING FROM &quot;YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF...&quot; WE NEED MORE HOURS IN A DAY!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

like the saying- the plumbers house is full of leaks!<br>My wife usually ends up doing our yard because I'm busy with the route, but I do the fert. & landscaping; we both do the flowers, etc.<br>We try to have the nicest lawn on the block, which isn't too hard cause there's alot of rentals on my street.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

7. We regularly cut our own lawns. The flowerbeds, well that’s a different story. Only time they get worked on is when we are expecting company. None of my clients ever come to my house.<br>Jean<br><p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044

8. bw

bw LawnSite Member

mine looks great, i hired one of my competitors to take care of it...ha ha

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

two years ago I came in and round-upped the whole thing. neighbors suspecting that I was nuts shook hands. before It was over I tilled the whole thing, came in with fert. and lime ammendments, and about a boxcar load of lesco transition blend turf fescue.<p>the grass came but summer heat was harsh. last fall, all of it came back, but I overseeded and now I have reaped the rewards. at this point, beautiful grass...with quite a few weeds. next in the battle...getting my arm ready to pump the weed sprayer.<p>GEO

10. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Mow my own lawn? You gotta be kidding?<br>It gets so long sometimes that I have to put<br>the tractor/slasher (bush hog) over it.I have<br>2 Dobermans and when its hard to see them in<br>the yard I start thinking about mowing it.<br>I cut around 200 acres a week on average and<br>the last thing I want to do is mow the lawn<br>at home.