1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

your pick

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cutnchukcanuk, Jul 24, 2007.

1. cutnchukcanuk

cutnchukcanuk LawnSite Member

Missed the boat on a used 4in1 so I am looking new. Any particular companies stand out for having a quality unit. Skidsteer Solutions, Erskine, Virnig. I would be in the 60 to 66 ' range and my ss has a 1500lb. lift so weight is a bit of a consideration and without jeodardizing durability. Trying to avoid dealer markup and buy factory direct. Thanks

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It might be a little expensive but have a look at CWS industries they are a bucket manufacturer in B.C. they build 4 in 1 buckets and other attachements. If you can think about it they can probably build it.

Google CWS Industries you will get their website.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

check ebay for a used 4/1 bucket but as always, buyer beware, and make sure it is a quality manufacturer and not some soft metal imitation. CWS and skidsteersolutions make very durable products. Shoot, while you are at it check out demodozer......

4. cutnchukcanuk

G Rat I tried CWS, they told me they no longer make skid steer attachmets.

RS&G I thought the Skidsteer solutions unit looked pretty good. I hate buying anything sight unseen, so the opinions help. The Demo Dozer looks like a solid unit. What are the advantages over a 4in1? Is the price comparable?

5. RockSet N' Grade

Cut.....call DemoDozer and talk to them direct. Good folks. They tear out pools and such. They can give the plus/minus on their unit. DemoDozer is also a member of lawnsite and I am surprised he has not yet jumped in this little thread.

6. cutnchukcanuk

I do recall a few a you guys talking about it. I will have a closer look. Thanks!

7. spydahead

spydahead LawnSite Member

just got my 4 in 1 about two weeks ago,checked out 4 diff.brands,2 were garbadge,bradco looked well built(i think that is what skidsteer sol.sells)but the hose routing was'nt ideal.i got the new bobcat one from my dealer,68 inch 768lbs.this is one bad *ss bucket should have got this years ago. still learning how to use it,but i love this thing.being able to pick stuff up is nice,but open it up and use it as a dozer blade+a back drag blade is the sh*t. get one you'll love it.

8. cutnchukcanuk

Thanks Spydahead, I will check that out at the local bobcat shop. Alot of dealers don't keep that stuff in stock here. I guess I am supposed to just buy from a flyer? Not likely. How was the price if you don't mind?

9. RockSet N' Grade

cut...go to demodozer website and check it out......hose routing is good........the guy that made/designed/sells this thing is in the business. If I needed a 4/1, or had an extra $2-3,000 that wasn't already committed, it is the one I would/will buy. My only hold up is that I just bought VTS tracks for 8,000 and am about to do some more work on my hoe....so my wallet needs a rest for a week or so..........

10. spydahead

spydahead LawnSite Member

sorry man, ment to put price in my other post. long story short,they wanted $3487.00 out the door,i raged on them for 30 min,or so and got it for $3227.00 delivered to my house 60 mi.one way. so there is some room to bargain with them. go check one out,after you see it it dont seem like that bad of a price. good luck.