1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your price-2 hrs trim and 4 hrs mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hue-nut, Apr 26, 2006.

1. hue-nut

hue-nut LawnSite Member

What would your price be for a beautiful estate with two hours of trim/edge time and 4 hours of mow time. Let me know simply based on the hours, not size. My time is solo so you would cut it in half with a two man crew. I've already given the quote so I am just interested in what everyone would charge.
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Most folks on here live by the dollar a minute policy but not in my area. I would say I would quote around 250 here while most on here would say around 350-360. Your area may be a lot better and you can get 60 an hour.
  3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

4 hrs x 60.00=240.00
    2 hrs x 45.00= 90.00
    Total is $330.00

Depending on the terrain, proximity to route etc, I might cut it back to 300.00 even. But I would make them sign a contract for a year. For me to bank almost a whole day on account without a contract is almost is too risky.
  4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

1032.00 per month for the labor and an additional 10% for the dumping and incidentals tie tape wall anchors, squirt of this or that etc. So 1135.00 per month would be my bid, but if it is a beautiful estates I would guess you are low on your "trimming" hours. Flowers to dead head and super bloom, pots to hand water, beds to rake and clean, 2 hrs. is nothing. Beautiful estates are all I do. That 60 per hour stuff I believe is for mow guys that are in and out in less than a couple of man hours.
  5. hue-nut

hue-nut LawnSite Member

My quote is $270 per visit. There will also be much add on work with beds and shrubs, these will be quoted seperately. AZ Gardener I am interested in some of your estate work, let me know what you've learned over the years. This is the niche that I am targeting and currently 4 out of my 5 days are estate days.
  6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

several guys i know here would charge $100 for that.
  7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

a little off topic, but a 2 man crew is NOT twice as fast as solo, it is at best 1/3 faster. there are times when you go over where the other guy was, juggle around each other, load time, etc. Just something to keep in mind.
  8. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

How much does a ride in an ambulance cost? I'm pretty sure I would need to budget a couple of them in if I were to try do this job, seeing as how I use a 21" and work by myself...
  9. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

2 man crew does twice as much as solo for us.
  10. hue-nut

hue-nut LawnSite Member

So there are guys that are willing to charge $100 for this job, however what I've found with estates is that they are willing to pay top dollar for the quality of work. Another of my props which is about a $10,000 contract for me, was paying somone half of that, but the work reflected the price. I find that commercial accounts never learn this lesson however most estate/large prop owners seem to learn that you pay for what you get.