Your price to mow this overcrowded yard? (pictures included)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gman1014, May 4, 2013.

1. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I would put it at $90.00 20 of that would be for all the troubles, like when the creek or river comes up and you have a ton of branches to clean up. Fall cleanup would be a pain also. Unless you could blow the leaves in the river. Now that is a good start to a forum!

2. Mt. Zion Lawn Care

Mt. Zion Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I won 3 bids very similiar to that this year. I bid them at $60 and the competition bid them at $70.

3. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

somewhere in the range of 60-70 around here. mainly because of having to use the 21

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

man i hate yards like that. i dunno why people wanna put so much crap in their yard?

lawn furniture goes on a patio not out in the grass. :laugh:

i'd charge high like $75 and hope they passed on hiring me.

i like wide open yards with as few trees and obstacles as possible.

the front yard is ok but that backyard needs help.

5. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have an OCDC on your zero turn? If not, it would be a pain trying to cut around all the obstacles in the back without blowing grass up into everything.

6. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Gee this is a nice place! with a river and all.

as for mowing it. I dont see anything difficult about this lawn, if this is a pita to you guys then I reckon your all spoilt! :)

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see where the push mower would be needed. $60 to $65. It's not that bad. it has some trimming and some concrete to edge around. I've done worse.

8. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

All I know is that I am thankful I have the luxury to pass on these kind of yards. I call them momentum killers. The ones that you dread every week. If I can't get out within 30 minutes, I pass. People do not appreciate the difference between a 30 minute lawn and an 1 hour lawn. They want to pay the same. They are also the ones that complain the most.

PS and i don't to trampolines!

9. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

$80, if the furniture wasn't there it would be $65.

10. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

No I don't feel it's ok and the reason I said something is because I have lost customers over it.
    Now since you mentioned it...
    In the case with my pictures, I didn't care but I am aware and ready to live up to the consequences for my actions.

Now the customer here sees those pictures, they're going to know who took them.
    And if they are not all right with it, he who took the pictures might be out of a job real quick, or worse.
    That's why I asked, because I'm not so sure folks here are aware of certain consequences.

So I hope the OP doesn't care, either.

Last edited: May 8, 2013