Your Rig

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Oct 29, 2001.

1. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

I am trying to come up with a sharp, clean, and organized new rig for next season. i would love to see some of everyones, and mabye get some words of wisdom on trailer and/or truck hunting. What makes a good or bad rig and what are some inovative ideas that help save time, space, or money? Like ramps into truck beds, or blower/vac rigs to move grass ect.
    Thanks
    Kyle:blob2:

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Ramp?! I don't need no ramp! If you're unloading 21"s out of the back of a p/u, muscle it out! LOL. I've seen those fold down ramps that they use for beer delivery trucks on the back of p/u's in smaller sizes. I assume they are battery powered and have 2 switches, 1 up, 1 down. They're pretty pricey though, I've heard numbers of a couple grand. I'll stick with a trailer!

3. bkd

bkd LawnSite Member

I just did a search using the word "trailer" and there are 21 pages of information you can read through to find the right combination for yourself. Hope this helps.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you plan to work with super small lawns that you will only be using a 21", I would forget about the ramps. You need a trailer unless you go with some type of van setup.

5. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

Here's my rig

[​IMG]

I have a 16' dual axle trailer. I think you should go with the longest trailer you can afford. I have a 36" and a 48" and still have room left to load debris. I pull this with a suburban. I chose the suburban because it has a large enclose cargo area where I can carry all of my blowers, chain saws and hedge trimmers without worrying about some scumbag walking away with them. They are also out of the elements.

As much as I love my trailer, if I could afford it, I would definately go with an enclosed trailer. Maybe next year.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure what kind of work your into; it may be a little overkill for what you need. Check my site, I have a lot of pictures of different people's set ups (trailers and trucks) You might find soemthing there.

myrig.jpg

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

that rig pull any mowers guido?? lol, in reply to ur question i am in the process of making a webpage for lawnsite members to post pics of there rigs, more info to come in the very near future

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

10. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know if this is going to work but I'll give it a try ???