Your safe in a takeuchi

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I overheard a phone conversation that my boss was having with a fellow he knows, well his buddy has a takeuchi TL 130 Skid steer full cab everything. The machine probably has 150 hours on it maybe. Well yesterday he was taking it to a job, pulling it on a tandem axle trailer behind a pickup truck. For some reason be managed to miss about 5 signs that said 1: "low bridge ahead", 2: Low Clearance, 3: use other routes, 4: WARNING 8' 6", 5: your a dumbass... the bridge will win.

Sure enough he missed all 5 signs and plowed the roof of the skid steer into the bridge completely stopping the truck, which was probably going 30 +MPH:hammerhead: Would you believe that it only popped the back glass out, did not even break it, just popped it out of the rubber and put a small dent on the back of the cab. But it F'ed up the trailer big time. Bent the entire frame beyond use again.

I'm going to have to get some pictures one day.

Like Ron said, takkies are built like tanks!

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I would've liked to hear the noise that made. I'll bet he crapped himself when it happened. How did the bridge fair?

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Holy crap! :eek: Lucky he didn't toast anything other than the trailer, but the guy sounds like a goof. Oh wait, that sounds like something my dad would do.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: Sounds like something my brother and my dad would do.

Did the machine even move? I can imagine how doing 30mph would bend the frame, maybe the tounge..

5. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

These, gentlemen, are prime examples of why you shouldn't put idjits in trucks.

:hammerhead:
    [​IMG]
    :hammerhead:

The driver of this truck is now on truck #3 since he started working in August.:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::cry:

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

The driver of that truck would be lucky to have a job after truck number one, much less number two, especially if the hieght of the truck was plastered on the side like that..

7. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I find it rather funny that the height of the box is clearly written on the side in big black letters
    HEIGHT 10' 6"

Ummmm... boss The truck didn't make it under the bridge:nono:

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Idjit, what a great word

So I take it the next truck will be # get another job dumbass?

9. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

I made a new thread for this discussion so as to not hijack Dirtman's thread.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

God bless those Takeuchi's.