Your Shop

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PlatinumLandCon, Oct 24, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you guys have a shop? How big is it? What do you keep in it? Post some pics!

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I wish I had one........I can build a good barn but then I was told I need land to put it on. Who'd a thought! Dang it.

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I need a shop in the worst way. A new building just went up in town... a 1800 sq ft unit for $1800 a month! Seems like i am just going to rent two 10x30 storage units next year at 200 a peice if i can find a center that will let me park trucks and trailer there also.

I am saving up for a nice peice of commerical land. My plan is to find a good peice and put up a building with living quarters. Then i'll live there for a year or two and then build a house. Then i can rent out the living quaters and would adventually add on to the building and rent out other units.

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Mine is kinda small but works for now. 60x80 yard and 40x20 shop. Hopefully within the next two years I plan to get a shop a few miles north with more land that is cheaper to buy.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

im thinking about renting a place, 2,500 sq ft with a 400sq ft office for $500 per month. and all the parking space you could ever need.

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 30 wide 40 deep new pole garage i just buit about 150' away from my new home. Im actually going to pour concrete tomm. on 1 side. The other side where im going to park my equiptment is going to stay gravel. I will post a pic soon.
    mike

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

company i work for has one...i believe its 40x100 with a 15foot door. We keep the two service trucks in there during the nights and it has room to fit a third machine if we are working on something. Theres a tool room, oil/filter room, welding/drilling corner, a room where we keep all our pipe fittings upstairs, wash room, and an attached office thats about 30x50, and then in the back 20feet we keep our sch. 40 pipe. The yard is probably 3 acres, all our thinwall and SDR is kept outside along with all the equipment....oh yea, and 1000gallons of onroad and offroad tanks

8. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

We started out with a shop too small to park a truck in. Moved to a 40 by 30 two door shop in a little strip building. The next year we rented another two doors in the building. Not enough outdoor area so we moved to a 30 by 50 one door shop with an acre of ground. By moving here we have save thousands of dollars on dump fees, I now turn all tearouts, leaves and clippings into compost. Next month we close on our own shop, 4 thousand square feet indoors and about three acres for storage. I'm like a little kid anticapating Christmas. It will be nice not to have to climb over equipment to find something.

9. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

My Shop Is Going Up This Winter. I Am Building A 32x40 About 150 Feet Behind My House. I Know Its Kind Of Small,but If We Keep Growing I Will Build Another Off The Property And Have A Nice Fall Out Shelter In My Back Yard. Willie

10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, Why is that only a thought?? At that price, you're getting a steal!!!

Around here, that would go for probably $2k/month plus utilities!!!