1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Your Shortest-Lived Customer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOOLIE, May 2, 2007.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

...and I do mean 'lived'...I recently signed an elderly client for mowing, and he died 2 weeks later. I was wondering where he was, he seemed like the type that would be coming out to chat each week.
  2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I had one that died the morning after I met him to sign him up for services. I was going to continue services with his mother, but she was too damn difficult to work with so I didn't feel too bad dumping her.
  3. theyatesies

theyatesies LawnSite Member

I had just got a new customer one year(elderly lady) and she said she was so thankful because she had prayed to the lord and there I was. So we agreed on a price and I was to come back the next day to cut the grass. When I arrived someone else was cutting the lawn. I went straight up to the door and asked what was going on. She looked puzzled. I went on to say "Today did the Lord tell you to fire me before I ever started?" She did not say anything so I walked away. Oh well.
  4. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

oh wow.. that lady was delusional.