Your signature line...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jul 1, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have noticed that some signature lines are getting way too long. Several are 2-3 times longer that the comments they are leaving. Please consider editing your signature down if it is long, I think a few lines would be fine, not 3 paragraphs! Listing all of the equipment you own or large quotes is unnessesary and very difficult to sort thru.

Ray

2. Some of the RV forums have some real show offs in also.

Here are a couple to chew on:

Don
    Savannah, GA
    1999 Winnebago Adventurer, 35', Class A, Ford 20,500 GVWR chassis. 1995 Saturn SW2 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa towing system, SMI Toad brake.

Ken W

99 Minnie Winnie DL 31A towing a Ford Probe GT. iPd anti-roll bars, Bilstein shocks and Banks Power Pak. Travel with a miniature Schnauzer and 2 small parrots. Practicing for retirement!

LIVING THE DREAM,
    Mike and Jill
    2001 Tropi-Cal 6373, Master Tow, 1996 Dodge Grand-Caravan
    Good Sam #ZY167866, FMCA F292654, SKP #71384

Deen - Vancouver, WA

2000 Dutch Star 3868, 3126B CAT Turbo Diesel
    towing 2001 Honda Accord V-6 on dolly. FMCA # F47302S

99.5 Ford F-250SC 4x4 Powerstroke Diesel
    99 Golden Falcon 25 MGT Fifth Wheel.

01 Adventurer 37G W20 V8100 T1000
    01 Cavalier LS, Blue Ox Aladdin.

'00 Chevy K3500 Crew cab, DRW, Vortec 7400, auto, 4.56, Reese 20K
    '00 Newmar American Star, 36DBSA FW, Onan 7K(propane conversion)

Now the following is my sig line in the rv forums:

1977 dodge maxivan camper
    1988 murray 10 speed

I feel some people have to show off. Mostly do to a deep rooted inferiority complex do to a small manhood.

3. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

"I feel some people have to show off. Mostly do to a deep rooted inferiority complex do to a small manhood."

LOL, too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Hey stone still working hard?
    Remember the old spelling threads??? do = due
    What are you building these days? I just picked up a Bunton reel mower with the Kubota diesel in it. I'm thinking of taking off the reels and making it into a spray rig and use the lift for an aerator and my grass seeder front mounted. I also drag ball diamonds and might use it for pulling the drag.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have to disagree. By posting what equipement I use helps the LAWNSITE.COM viewer when helping me with a question, or responding. I had in the past kept this info in my "profile" but it seemed to make more sense to put it in my signature. I'm not bragging, far from it with the little amount of equipment and old trucks I run. What is it that you have to sort through Ray? Just scroll down. Its not taking your computer any longer to load my signature than EricELM's. When I give advice or suggestions on a particular piece of machinery, and its listed (in my signature) as one that I use, it provides a sense of legitimacy to my post.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, if you think mine is too long, please let me know, and I can change it. And I DO mean that sincerely. I'm not being a smart alec. Tom, that's NOT saying you're being one either. Thanks Ray.

7. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

Runner, I'd forgotten all about that great old Who song til I saw your sig line. A true classic. Doublesharp

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

KIND of suitable for us...., isn't it? It would have to be that or something like the verse; The height of summer, I'd never felt that strong, Like a Rock. [/I]

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

You can choose to ignore signatures in your profile control panel.

Chuck Keough

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Guys, we had one that was 5 or so paragraphs long, just think if everyone did that...what a mess.

Thomas, if I'm asking a question that relates to my equipment I would state my Great Dane is........It has nothing to do with load time.

Runner, yours is short in my opinion.

Chuck, I'll keep that in mind. I don't mind looking at them, I just see no need in reading an inventory list of what someone owns or long quotes when it is not revelant to the question at hand, as shown above.