Your Thoughts on a New Handheld Blower from Tanaka

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, May 2, 2006.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Let's change the subject from backpack blower recalls and talk about handheld blowers for a bit. Tanaka is gearing up for two new 2-stroke handheld blowers and we want your input.

If you were in charge, what would the next Tanaka PRO handheld blower look, weigh, and perform like?

-MW

2. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Dear Mark

I have your handheld model. Nice machine. Being a Mechanical Design Engineer ( No real bearing),
    What I would change:

1) Rubberized hand grip area. Thick stuff.
    2) Better bottom structure for stability and in ground starting.
    3) Perhaps a "Easy Start" system, similar to Echo,s i-start series.
    4) Nicer design than these generic boxy looks, yet still serve cooling, access functions. I could help! Stihl takes a novel design concept in their BH85.

Constructive only. Nice quality machine overall and inside engine mechanicals.

Take Care
    Erich:)

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have a few commercial customers using them. None of them has complained about it but I notice that the tubes get kinda floppy at the connections at the end and in the middle. I know they are tight as heck when I assemble them. It would be nice if they stayed that way. They dont have trouble with them falling off but it just looks sloppy to me.

The other big thing I would do is add a trigger lock so you can lock it at full speed and not have to hold the trigger all day.

Jaeger: I think they have an easy start system...however it does not come standard on many products. I dunno if its available on the blower or not but I know you can get replacement ones for the string trimmers and hedge trimmers. It looks like they call it "S-Start".