Your thoughts on bidding this property

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Navig8r, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I gave a bid to a homeowner for mowing... large property..Got a call from the customer (very polite, nice people)... They decided to go with someone who bid "A little closer to what we were paying previously". The LCO who was mowing this property in the past was retiring. Just wondering what others would have bid.........
    I'll post my bid after some have given their thoughts...

The property is laid out as follows....... would be for weekly mowing.

-Near the road is an approximately 10' x 25' area of turf with a post and rail fence along one of the 20' sides, bordering the road.

-100' in from the road, is an area approximately 80' x 100' of turf, with some uneven ground, but mostly level..... approximately 10 mature trees in this area. This is not "perfect" lawn, just needs to be cut.

-travel further in on the driveway, and there is an irrigated, fertilized lawn area approx. 60' x 60' with 3 small trees.

-On the other side of the drive is a pond approximately 1/2 - 2/3 acre, with 10-15' wide area of lawn surrounding 2/3 of it, with 6 small pine trees, 2 benches, and a 20' long stone wall to trim along one side of. This area is also irrigated........ remainder is small areas to be trimmed (10-15 minutes MAX) or woods. The pond is surrounded by stone, so there is no bank to mow..... level ground around it, with trimming necessary for the "rim" (and obstacles, of course)

-Around the house is approximately 3000 sq. ft. of turf (irrigated and fertilized) with approximately 75' of trimming.

Along the entire driveway is a 4-7' swath of turf (varies) the entire length of the driveway. (approx. 1/4 mile total length)

Keep in mind, most accounts in my area bring $45-$65 per hour depending on terrain...... there are no areas on this lawn with steep hills, or ditches, etc........ just very sprawling......

Give me your thoughts.... What would you bid????
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like at least a $65 per cut job to me.

Let it go and bid somebody else.