Your thoughts on Hustler mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

In comparison to what you have used ... how do you all feel about Hustler mowers? The good, the bad ... all your thoughts.

:weightlifter:

2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Opps ... where was this moved to?

:confused:

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I like My Hustler Mini Z. It runs well, cuts great. I used Grasshoppers when I worked for the local school district and I like them too. If I had to choose all over again, I would still choose Hustler.

4. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

Hustler is as good as there is on the market. As a customer I can say, so far, they have stood behind their product. This is very important especially during the pressure times. A better question may be how good is your local dealer? Thats the interface you will be working with on a day to day basis.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Based on the thread above there is a unit with blown engine and 1200HRS and nobody will give more than $600? So from a reliability standpoint there must be some concern, I wouldn't worry about a Scag if it had 1200 hrs on it.

6. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

or a kubota

7. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

:walking:
    :walking: Huster-still sitting there/Kawasaki blown...has nothing to do with the blown engine,Don't Kawasaki's sit on the back of Scags also?So lets not put Hustler down because of a blown engine.That has a lot to do with who is in the drivers seat,and what there tring to do with it.I know people who think that you can bush hog with a mower.Now I have a 2004 HUSTLER SUPER Z 25HP 60'' DECK-AND I'LL PUT IT UP AGAINST ANYTHING ON THE MARKET ON PRODUCTIVTY!!!-:weightlifter: SUPER Z FOR ME :weightlifter:

8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Hustler Super Z's are fast and productive, especially on large properties. To me they are very manuverable due to their design, and the lack of dampning on the hydro's. They are well layed out from an engineering standpoint, are very heavily built. I love everything about them, but to me the cut is not the best. In the right conditions they cut well, but to me there are other machines on the market that will perform better from a cutting standpoint. I don't know to many machines that will cut more grass in a given time though.

They are good machines.

9. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

I think all the major mower manufacturers offer a wide variety of engine types accross their line. Don't judge the mower by engine failure. Judge how it's handled if and when it occurs. A Kaw can pop just as quick as a Kohler, or CAT, or B&S, or Honda, etc. It can be mounted to the frame of any brand out there. And who knows the history of maintenance on the dead one.
    Look at the frame construction, how the deck is put together, gauge of steel used, spindles, pump size, many many things to consider as well as engine variety. But most importantly whats the rep on your dealer. Is he difficult to deal with on warrenty repairs. Does he always start with, 'Well what did you do wrong !!' It's hard enough paying for these expensive pieces. I don't want to have to go to small claims court every time I have an incident reguarding warrenty. I want someone on my side for a change. You may consider the same.

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Quote taken from - http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=1577117&postcount=21

So if that's true then they must be doing something right and have a quality product that is one of the top few in the industry. All I have read about them is it's a top notch machine and should be highly considered.