1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

your thoughts on LESCO zerop turn mowers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THEGOLDPRO, Jun 5, 2006.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

They're ugly, but if I would of looked at one before buying my exmark, I would of been cutting with the lesco right now.

Alot of nice features, the fact that 75% of their weight is on the rear tires, the front axle, it goes 12mph I believe, the craftsmanship seems top notch. I saw them cutting the one day and the cut looked great.

I know Envy has one, and he's earned my respect when it comes to equipment knowledge, I'm sure he'll reply.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

nice, im planning on picking up a demo mower this week, and mow for like 2 days straight, lol i have this huge commercial place i do that has like 2 full days of cutting, so i might just use the lesco to do it all, no better way to tell if you like the mower then spend 16 hours on one, lol
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The lesco is the exact same machine as the Cub Tanks. The Tanks are just that. Built like a tank and they cut great. I love our brand new M48 Tank.

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Plus the tanks have R. Lee Ermy advertising for them!!!

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

:laugh: :usflag:
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

After two days with it you'll buy one I'm certain... well unless the demo is some out of whack abused beater or something.

In my opinion this mower can't be beat when compaired to everything else on the market today.
  8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Had Lesco had not increased their price to almost like Toro, eXmark, I would have got one 54" early this year but I went Gravely which I am very glad that I went Gravely way. The Z two is pretty much ubiquitous in my town, mostly part-timers or new LCO, cause most big company run Toro/eXmark , Scag, Gravely, and Ferris, Hustler.
    I heard they have problems with deck belt-chewing too frequently, but that is very minor to me. Also, the hydro system is different than of Toro/ eXmark camp. The cut is great like other commercial. The only thing that had not triggered me into getting Lesco is...the availability of parts and service. In my town all lesco stores don't do full service (qualified mech), I have to go to another location for full service like, belt/pump changing, hydro service, or even repairing tires, it has a different manager from where you bought from, totally new store, and parts take too long to come by in some cases. I think in a couple of years, Lesco will take big chunk off everybody market, if they can have parts available 24/7, and mechanic in store that sell mowers provided they don't jack up higher prices.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, the EARLY Viper models did have a belt eating issue. They designed and released a 'fix kit' for that. As it turns out, I believe that only guys wishing to use very short cutting heights were having problems and only those guys needed to get the kit.

The Z-Two model I have has no kidding probably the best belt routing system I have ever seen on all the stuff. I look at it and say "why didn't I think of that?" The belts never slip, yet they don't have insane tension on them either. Here's how easy they are to deal with too... I LITERALLY took mine off this afternoon to inspect their condition all over. I've never done that before with other mowers, but with this one, it's actually easier to have a good look at the belts this way.

One thing is for sure it seems. Lesco is a big widespread operation. So it seems the service from different locations varies just like it would going dealer to dealer. Personally, I've been totally happy with the service, support and parts delivery. It's also nice to be able to call the corporate tech support and actually have a person answer the phone AND give useful information.
  10. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you will be happy with the Lesco 60". It is the same mower as the 60" Cub Cadet Tank.

The main thing (other than cost) is having a dealer near you. Besides being near you the dealer should be helpful in getting parts and service promptly.

I went with the Tank (a little higher) because I have a good Cub Dealer within 15 miles of me. Nearest Lesco dealer is much farther away.

Listen to Envy he has Lesco's a long time and is satisfied
    with them.