Your Touch to the Perfect Lawn....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greeneakers04, Aug 27, 2004.

1. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

What is it that you do to make each lawn "perfect"? Something that you feel is a trademark for your work? That finishing touch. Just curious to see what each of us takes pride in....

2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

well obviously striping....making sure that the edge where the sidewalk meets the grass gets beveled with the string trimmer....

flowers and lots of them...red white and blue

ammer9.jpg

3. Ability

Ability LawnSite Member

It is all in the trim work!

I have seen too many LCOs in such a hurry with the trimmer that it looks like a so so job. I take longer per lawn and trim it right.

In fact, I have had people call me on my day off to ask how I did the trim work. Of course I said it was an old family secret. Then I would see them peeping out the windows the next time I cut their lawn. :)

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

i don't leave untill i'm satisfied. i've held myself to a higher standard for so long that it just comes as second nature now.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

it's all in the trimming and straight lines...i double trim and it ALWAYS looks great. trim vertical then come back and make sure it is level with rest of the grass.

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I pay particularly close attention to the areas where grass meets pavement ( street, walks, driveway) and make sure those areas are detailed. Landscape beds edged and paved surfaces blown completely clean of all clippings and dirt.

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I used to try to be perfect... no longer. Over-all general appearance should be better than most of the competition.. but not perfect.

8. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

no clumps in grass. I see alot of companies in my area(not just scrubs) leave clumps all over the lawn. it makes you wander how they keep clients

9. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

My finishing touch is when I come to collect (Bobby style)

"Look buddy, gonna pay up or what!"

bobby.jpg

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Good replies.

I agree on edging and grass clumps. I see a lot of LCO's leaving clumps too, and just don't get it.:confused: