1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Your trailer weight please

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by db121272, Feb 13, 2011.

1. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a dodge dakota 2005 with a v8 tow pkg equipped I pull 6.5x12 with upto 4 yds mulch, a WB 48" and a 48" riding ZTR and a 21" push mower I have racks for 2 trimmers and blower rack on front I have carried a ton and a half of gravel with no problems I have been operating it like this for over 2 year just about 80,000 miles since purchase and have been using it to haul for six years previously I only had a 5x10 with the WB on it. I also use a 3.7 dakota periodically and have only had it hooked up fully loaded once..wouldn't want to make it a regular hauler...I started 10 years ago with full size Ram 1500 and periodically will use it to haul I feel the 05 dakota is well equipped for all that i haul and just as good as the Ram 1500 except for the brakes need replaced more often than I'd like to have to

2. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

Ok, so I was wrong.... sorry, that just sounded heavy to me. Maybe my loaded trailer is heavier than I think:confused:

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i dont know what my 18 foot big tex weighs but it feels heavy.gotta be 6-7k loaded up with all my stuff.