Your ultimate 3/4 ton

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by integrityman, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Well, is that just the downpayment money? You sure won't be buying a fancy new diesel 3/4 ton for that amount of money.
    I would buy several older 7.3 Powerstrokes, or several older Duramax diesel pickups. I have no interest in blowing that much money on a work truck. My first 2 homes did not cost that much, combined.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

A Ford F250 with the 6.2 gas 4x4 and 6 speed auto.

3. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

I will second that.

4. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Cummins in the power wagon platform. One hell of a truck and a factory winch could think of several times that would be handy.

5. PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC LawnSite Gold Member

you can get a new Dodge crew cab diesel 4x4 for 38k:)

6. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Chevy 2500 4x4 utility bed crew cab. Heated mirrors, Bluetooth, power windows locks and mirrors. Diesel. Vinyl floors and seats
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

You can get a 2013 or 2012 F250 regular cab or even supercab with the new 6.7 diesel without too many options for that price, easily. And if you have that much money to spend, why the hell not get new with a warranty?

8. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

and if you are not a huge company with quite a few trucks going out, i would not do what others have stated and go and buy three or four older trucks.. IMO that is a terrible idea. 3x as many vehicles to pay insurance for, 3x as many registrations to pay and 3x as many oil changes and upkeep.

9. smitty's lawncare

smitty's lawncare LawnSite Member

id get a used chevy or gmc 2500 4wd 6 speed manual duramax. then id put the rest of my money into the bank, or to equipment upgrades

10. Mr.LaVere

Mr.LaVere LawnSite Member

For 45k I could pay off my 2001 Cummins 4x4 with leather and ALL options(truck was 10 used) then put 35k into a superior suspension, tires, wheels, already has a stage 3 ATS trans, custom interior and lettering on the outide for the business. I would then have a perfect truck with all wear parts brand new and capable of another 2-300,000 miles and STILL have 25K left to put in the bank! I can NEVER justify a new truck like that for work!