Your "unique" Marketing Ideas

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Wells, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Since we are all thinking about "marketing" and "advertising" this time of year I though it would be interesting to start a thread based on some "unique" marketing ideas. These can be things you've thought about doing or have done in the past or even know of someone else that has done them.

I'll start this off with "Business Cards".

Several years ago I came across a company that will print "metal business cards". A normal business card goes directly in some drawer where as a metal business card gets shown around to many people due to the uniqueness of the card.

Another company will print your business cards on a small business card sized "CD-disk" that can be played on the clients computer. The disk containes info about your company and it's services.

And then there are plastic business cards. They come in frosted-translucent or full color. The full color ones look like credit cards.

I'll post some pics of each different style.
    So lets hear your "unique" marketing ideas.

Business-Cards.jpg

2. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i must say i like those cards they are vey different. just out of curisty where do you get? and how much are the cd type?

3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

You can check them out here. http://www.multishapecdrom.com/
    Do you have a marketing idea to share?

4. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

thank you for the site.
    i'm sorry to be an a$$ but i won't share my idea for free, and it wouldn't be fair to the people i have already sold it to.

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Come on guys, I know you can come up with more ideas then just flyers and door hangers. I have a whole bunch of them but this threads not about me giving the rest of you ideas it's about everyone sharing ideas.

6. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

Sky writing....

7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Are you considering trying it?
    That would be unique, i've seen something simular down on the beaches in Cali. where a small airplane pulls around a banner for some local shops or restaurants.

8. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

at first i was joking but now it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Brett,
    This isn't my idea, I read about it on here one time, but it got very little responses. However, we liked it a lot, and I'm going to be ordering some.

The idea is frisbees, neon ones, the 9 inch or 10 inch kind, they make them smaller than that, I think 5 inch, but I don't think they will fly good. There are some neighborhoods where it would be a real pain to try to walk 'em, ones with long driveways, and I think it might be something unique to throw in their driveway close to their house while having someone drive me around. We haven't tried it yet, but we plan on placing a small order, like 500 just to give it a shot. Cheapest I found was i think .69 cents a piece.

Those business cards look awesome.

10. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

I know that this is supposed to be a "unique idea" thread but I came from the insurance industry and this worked well for me building my business there and am considering doing it for mowing. I also understand if this been talked before and I have not read it in a thread

Network organizations like BNC and rotary. Another possible idea is the print format on the back of recipts that you receive from the stores I mean people use them for dry cleaning and financial services and such what about lawn services.

Just my thoughts