Your year so far

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dmk395, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I'm down about 10 percent. Not horrible, but we usually grow about 5-10% per year. I had to let go one of my guys, but we are getting by ok. Have lost 5-6 really good full service accounts, and a few others do to lowballers and just recession issues. Have only picked up a couple, but overall, it can always get worse, so in that regards, its not so bad!
    How bout everyone else?

2. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm actually up about 8%, but mainly because we had great weather most of the year. Lost a few customers but every time that same day I got one or two new ones, just good luck I guess.

3. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Maintenance sales are up. Landscape installs are about the same as last year. Our biggest problem this year has been slow payers.

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Ain't that the truth. I have had to hound the crap out of people this year. No growth this year. Pretty much maintained last year's numbers...

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Same here.

I had one large commercial account "renegotiate" this year's contract. The price dropped but I'm pleased with what we worked out. They didn't want to put it out for bid, either. :)

I think I'll be between 5%-10% up by the end of year.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The end of this season looks a LOT better than in 2008. Last year this time we had...

-All of a sudden car dealerships going under
    -Banks not lending money
    -Customers freaking over the prospect of getting laid off
    -Presidential election

All those factors and more kept my customers very conservative as far as leaf removal and other Fall work. This year it seems as if the panic has subsided and people are open to spending some money.

7. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Been very wet and rainy ALL season. Other than that, it has been a very busy, profitable year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

I'm up about 20%, all maintenance though. Installations are way down!

9. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I'm about the same. weekly maintenance is up but Installations felt almost non exsistant this year. Made profit downn thhis year. Hopefully it will be a great 2010 season.