youtube this- 2007 hustler super z mowing @ 15 mph

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigshow825, Nov 16, 2007.

1. bigshow825

bigshow825 LawnSite Member

you have got to see this video, i want a hustler now,
  2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

:confused::confused::confused: Link ??? ;)
    ericg likes this.
  3. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

You forgot to attach it so we can go there and see it!
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I've had one, run it at 15 mph, and even cut at that speed in a few places. Puppypaws does in in North Carolina all the time. There's a whole lot more to buying a ZTR than that. And definately some brands that will cut better in TN. Slow down, wait till next Spring when the grass is thick and lush, demo as long as you can and then decide.

In my area you can't cut 15 mph 95% of the time. In my area the Super Z wont run 15 mph even with the deck unengaged because of the slope or terrain. The cut was not good at all in this area, even with two different upgrades. They do make a Super Z with a large enough engine to justify the large pumps and motors. The mower has very little torque for hills or attachments.

You may try one next Spring and love it, I'm just trying to say slow down and make sure. They are a good mower in some area's but not so good in others. "Almost" all dealers have dropped the Hustler line in this area.
  5. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please explain, as I have not seen this and I am the regional manager for Kentucky.
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

The YouTube video is impressive ... I'd like to have a Super Z too, but I don't want to pay $ 10,000 for it either.
  8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow thats fast.

The person that posted that is Metro Lawn. I know there is a Lawn Site member that LCO near Detroit Michigan that has that for a co. name and they use Hustler mowers and have red trucks and shirts with yellow lettering. I wonder if thats one of his mowing crew members
  9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well the John Deere Dealer in Campbellsville, Ky dropped the line for one. And I can remember "several others" that told me they no longer carried the line and gave me the reasons why. So I just heard their side of the story but they were not happy to say the least. It has been a few years back so I can't remember right now the names but I am telling you that most of the dealers that carried the line in this area dropped them, I spoke personally on the phone with them. Apparently they were sold along side John Deere at dealerships for a while and there are some unhappy customers that cant get service or parts.

Now I have people contacting me to try to find parts for their Hustlers because the dealer that sold it to them no longer can get parts. The Dealer near Science Hill, Ky didn't know what an XR7 deck was when I bought mine so I definately didn't buy from him. I am sending everyone that ask me to Homeland Equipment in Danville, Ky for service because they are a top notch dealer and service center.

I spent a long time calling dealers and trying to negotiate a price on a Hustler. So I'm sure of what they told me and have no reason to lie. It seems farm supply, car dealers, etc are the only places you can get a Hustler around here (with the exception of Heartland). Most (not all) dealers I did talk to let me know that tractors came first and they would service the Huslters as they could work them in. I have 5 dealers that show up in a 60 mile radius and one is called Joe Hills Auto Center.
  10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Are you talking about Dixie Farm Store?
    There is 1 dealer that I am aware of that has dropped the line in KY anytime recent, this was in the last week and it was not due to mower performance.
    The J.D. thing comes into play in various parts of the country, J.D. dealers are getting bought up by larger J.D. dealers and to get corporate approval they drop any competing lines.
    Joe Hill Auto Center is a outdoor power equipment dealer, a rather good one also.