YouTube?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jan 31, 2014.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone here do YouTube videos for your website?

How do you make them? Like when you wanna combine different segments of video into one YouTube video?

And music, how do you add music?

2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm guessing your talking about a promotion/marketing video that you want to add to your website?

Well, you need a good camera for that, Iphone just won't cut it.

You start recording, you record your crew arriving to a job site, crew unloading tools and equipment, your crew doing the work, final product, anything that you want in your video, the more video recording you have, the better.

Next: Upload it to your computer, use a software such as Sony Vegas Pro (I recommend the trial version since to save cash) Then you upload your recording to that software. Most likely, if you have taken a 1 hour video recording, you will have "split" up the video, into segments. Then these segments can be edited once again, to remove parts you don't want.

Once you have all the segments of short video clips that you want, then you can create your video, add music, titles, special effect. You render the video as something with good quality, like .avi 720P +.

Upload it to youtube, get the embedded code, and past it to your website.

* Sony Vegas Pro is a very complex program, it is not a program that you can learn in a day, if you have older version of windows on your PC, I recommend Windows Movie Maker, very limited software, but very easy to use.

Here is on video I made that is currently on my website to show my customers one of my main service, asphalt sealing. It was created with Windows Movie Maker, 4 years ago. (I really need to create a better version of it, in HD, guess ill start by taking videos this summer more often)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofi7FrykPNo

Hopefully this was helpful for you,
    Cheers
    -Gauvreau

3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Adobe Premiere. Good software, lets you do pretty anything you'd want to do.

4. eastcoastjessee

eastcoastjessee LawnSite Member

DVS, check out a GoPro. They offer a nice HD video plus your boy can use it for moto. Only downfall can be the fisheye lense since it's a point of view camera.

I also use the Sony Vegas software.

5. DVS Hardscaper

Thanks Gauvreau, that's exactly what I'm looking for to get started!

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Videos will help rank. A lot. To learn more about that check out warrior forum.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DVS Hardscaper

I do want to make a video for the business for the website. I have some video from the iPhone, but it sounds like I need to go back and use a decent camera.

Yep, the MX is the other reason I'm asking. I'm not sold on GoPros on top of helmets. I realize it's only tape that holds the camera, but I'm not comfortable doing that. If the rider has a crash it's been said by a dad who's son died as a result of a head injury, and has since become an expert on head injuries, that the GoPro can cause the head to twist or move in the wrong direction. Other people have told me "you've got to be kiddin, it's only tape holding the GoPro, get real". But I'm not going to find out. When he gets older he can make that decision for himself.

I am so outdated in camera technology, I first need a somewhat decent camera.

8. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're just looking to do one video, I have a great video guy in the DC area for you. He did my eHow video shoot and he can shoot and edit whatever you need.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

They make mounts to put a go pro anywhere. Handlebars pegs fenders etc.

Can even put them on skid buckets ex arms etc
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. eastcoastjessee

eastcoastjessee LawnSite Member

You don't have to mount it on his helmet. But I've crashed with mine on the helmet and it just bends at the mount. I hit the ground hard enough to split my collarbone in two. You can't tighten them down real tight, just plastic. They make multiple mounts, actually the chest set up is nice cause you can see the arms and bars.

I'm planning to do some videos once we start working again.