You've got to be kidding!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by tadpole, Jun 29, 2012.

1. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Found this posted on Facebook with over 3,000 likes so far. Is it any wonder that 'trunk slammers' survive in this business when people think this looks nice?

OK. Who wants to go first. How many things can you find wrong?

omg pond.jpg

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's what happens when you use the Home depot sale paper as your portfoliio.:usflag:

3. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Exposed wiring, exposed tubs, wrong type of lily for such a small space, tubs are not level, poor flow and aesthetics, overcrowding of plants, no variance in stone size, and looks very minimal in the way of structure. I'm almost certain they have the cheapest pump/filter they could purchase. Hope they won't be putting kois In
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yea, it's backstop is a slat bridge and all the lights look like crap
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth LawnSite Senior Member

that bridge must be built pretty tough. It looks like its retaining the whole thing. I love the spotlight and its placement on the top too!

6. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Be sure to look closely at what can be seen of the separate pond behind the bridge that supposedly has one Koi. There were more, but a Heron stopped by for lunch according to the OP on Facebook.

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

It truly would take less "ink" to say what isn't wrong with it...............................................................................................................................................The bridge and the urn back by the other pond look nice.........

8. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Natural looking no, but it's cool looking in a different way.

9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Well people like it because it looks like a project anyone can build and afford, me I rather have nothing than this mess

10. pokerbrat

pokerbrat LawnSite Member

Looks more like a Home Depot display then anything I would want in my backyard. I wouldn't want to be around when those rocks start shifting. They might as well have painted all the pond liners pink to conceal them better.