1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"You've Gotten FAT!!"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, May 20, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Its 830 this morning and this car pulls up to the first property Im at.. not knowing who it is I idle down the mower and walk over. Turns out its one of my customers ive had for the last few years, shes an odd bird to say the least.. prob 70 years old, no teeth, wears the weirdest clothes, and has the saggiest boobs ive ever seen in my life ;) (like down to her waist) anyway, she jumps out of the car so fast I thought she was angry at me or something only to stop short right in front of me.. look me up and down and say "YOU'VE GOTTEN FAT OVER THE WINTER" :p Im 6', 180lb so I dont consider myself fat but she must have seen some extra pounds on me I guess haha. Thats what I love about this job.. the people I get to meet. That totally made my day, it would be pretty boring without them around. This same lady still hasent figured out my voice mail, whenever she calls she'll say my name and ask if im there over and over again for a good 30sec to a min.. and breathing into the phone all the while :p I used to save her messages and let everyone listen to them. I never did find out why I looked fat :confused: She put her hands up to her cheeks and did a chimpmunk thing before going off on a tangent about how I have to stop in after Im done mowing her lawn today to get the money (wont take a monthly bill... ) anyway.. thats my story for the day. :eek:
  2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I do a job on the side for a little old french war bride. She really nice, but always says something about my weight, then hands me sweet rolls made by her cousin that are the best I have ever had LOL. Shes not being mean, she just cares about me. I cut her and the old man next to her. I would do it for free, but she insist on paying me. She gave me $15 dollars in quarters last week lol. Oh well it all adds up the same.
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

no teeth, droopy t!ts, weird, dresses funny, and acts like an idiot? congradulations, you have met my mother in law.
  4. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

That another thing, she always come out in a white shirt with no bra, and their down near her navel. EWWWW!
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Hey bobby, what's your mother-in-law doing up in Canada....LOL?
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

she's on vacation
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

This one lady says to me last week, "It looks like you've really lost a lot of weight. What's your secret?" I was offended by that, because I went from 135 to 130 and it sounded to me like she thought I was huge before. Normally I wear baggy clothes to work, big t-shirts etc.. but that day I had on proper fiitting clothes, maybe that's why she commented. I don't know, but my weight doesn't fluctuate that much.
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Just tell her that the husband is a slave driver,he NEVER lets you rest,always pushing,pushing..................................
    That should get some good conversation going............LOL!
  9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess your wife never reads these posts.