1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

YTD 2006. Meeting your numbers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BSDeality, Nov 16, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

It is now 11/16/2006. Calender year 2006 is nearly over. The season is winding down for most in the northern areas, if not done already. So how was your year? or how is it shaping up? Big Gain from last year? Not so big? loss?

Gross sales this year will be up 85%-90% compared to 2005, I had forecasted 75%.

Sometime last week I passed my gross sales projection for the year. It feels good to know that I could accurately forecast my numbers. I've still got about 2-3 weeks of work left before I shutdown the maintenance end of the business for the year.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

15.9% ahead on mowing...rest of ther numbers will have to wait until year's end, all are up though.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

rod, have you been growing at a steady pace in the last few years? This was my 2nd year full time, so things really ramped up fast, next year I would expect to drop down to about 50% increase unless I start doing more installs and less mowing (which I hope to do)
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

This was our 13th (lucky) full time year Matt. I think the overall numbers for total revenue will be around 15 - 20% increase at year's end. We still have leaf cleanups to finish, one more round of fert, and some odds n ends...so we'll see.
  5. NewWave

NewWave LawnSite Member

We have increased gross sales by roughly 50%. We met most of our goals this year. Next year will be a totally different year. We have alot of changes coming. This is our first year to pass the 500k mark in sales. This is our 5th year of business. :clapping:
  6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I would kill just to see half of that....

I still don't understand how ya'll grow so fast...
  7. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We've had an up and down year...

More customers and more gross income this season (24.9% over last year)

However, I've noticed our gross per customer has gone down (% wise). This tells me people are starting to spend less on lawn maintenance. Most customers I have discussed this with tell me reasons are gas prices, college bills for the kids, health insurance, and fear of losing thier job.

Looks like we will be expanding again for next season. Hoping for another good year.

Best of luck to you guys :drinkup:

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Not a bad year for us. Alot of expenses adding a new truck and equipment. Maintenance sales up 50% and Irrigation more than 100% . With that kind of growth this year the expenses seemed to get a bit out of hand. ANy of ya'll got any advice on maintaining expenses with rapid growth
  9. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Kinda slow compared to you guys but we did 14% this year. 12 Yrs. I'm quite sitisfied.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Here it's about the same as last year, thou with far less work since I raised my prices, I'm happy.
    Too early to tell for sure, but gross is only one line, not a true indicator of success or failure by any means.
    While one guy grosses 34k and survives another year, the next guy grosses 100k but is gone next year.

I see a LOT of that.

I don't understand that, either...
    Go figure :confused:
    Likely something to do with a 100k gross (AFTER 100k+++ in expenses) and Ooooops...
    I dunno man, I just dunno...