YTD vs Average

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by John Allin, Feb 11, 2001.

1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm curious as to where the snowfall totals stand in comparison to "average" in everyones markets.....

In Erie - average at the immediate lakeshore is 88" and average at the Interstate (two miles inland and where the lake effect kicks in) is 190".

Currently, we are at 112" at the lakeshore and 230" at the Interstate.

How about you guys/ladies.......

2. 66Construction

66Construction LawnSite Member

In Albany NY we average about 63". To date I have counted 31" The official total may be a little higher. I've billed to date for plwoing 31" of snow. There were a few 1" stroms I didn't plow. The farmers almanac says there will be as much snow in April as there was in the entire winter. I don't know if I buy that but I think the total will go over the average this year.

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Average here is 22.8". So far this year 34". Last 3 years combined was barely 22" so we deserve this :) Hopefully it gets cold here again so we can continue to even out the averages.

4. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

local avg is 42"

right now were are at 50"

and still a month to go.....the next week we will probably get 0

i am north of akron and south of cleveland

5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Average at the shoreline 25" ytd we are at 19"
    Average 20 mi inland where I live and have most of my ccounts 45" ytd we are 40"
    Dino

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Central CT, 30 year average is 46, now we are at 38.

7. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

Our 30 year avg. is 72 inches, we passed that in December. However, since then it has been lighter than normal.

Currently at just over 90 inches.

8. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Mid Michigan according to my totals we've had 41.5". If I had to guess I would say our averege is around 25" January and Febuary have been slower than usual but December gave us 35.5".

We're ready for more!!!

Let it SNOW!

9. lawnboy53

lawnboy53 LawnSite Member
    from Neb

Our average is about 28-30" after lastweeks storm we are now at about 36", here in the non snow belt of Nebraska

10. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Here in boston the seasonal avg is 41", right now we are at 22". I hope things pickup a little .