Yucatan vacation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Well I'm back and rested. Was out in the jungle by Mahahual Yucatan. A catergory five hurricane hit this area last august. Pics worth your interest.
    All hurricane damage stuff. Their were acres and acres of dead mangroves. With the wind and heat it is eventually going to become one heckuva fire.

h-3.jpg

hurricane destruction.jpg

more hurricane.jpg

Outside the door.jpg

2. This was my first opportunity to see a real cistern in operation. The roof collects. Flows into the hole and ends in that under house cistern. The water was pretty clean. Just add chlorine. Water is precious obviously and we used it sparingly. Our batteries for electricity which got powered three hours a day from a shared diesel generator.

roof2.jpg

roof hole.jpg

cistern hole.jpg

Batteries.jpg

3. Reestablishing palms. My nap area, my view and my liquid for the week.

palm nuts.jpg

planted.jpg

Hammock.jpg

from the porch.jpg

misc.jpg

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

half a beer a week - that's too much economizing

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We spent six months down there years ago, did you get south to Tulum or Chetumal?

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My trip to Mexico got cancelled. The event only had half the money as last year so no U.S. pilots are able to go, since the event paid for airfare, shipping of our hot air balloons, and hotel. Bummer. May do a snowboarding trip instead. Steamboat Springs probably.

7. We were south of Tulum and north of Chetumal. Tulum has a lot of old hippies in it.

8. Did you get ripped off by Mexican gas pumpers? I was ready for those thieves but still had to argue with every one.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I guess that is where you would find Mike then. :waving:

::expecting invite next time you go:: ;)