1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z dump?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kjslawn, Nov 13, 2007.

1. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

2. WeeDr

WeeDr LawnSite Member

Never used one but it sure looks cool!

3. I want to buy one........ITs the only insert that uses twin cylinders that i have found. I personally like it. The reason I do is that I can still use a goosenech hitch. All you would have to do is cut a hole in the insert and put some type of flapper over the ball when its not being used. Most goosenech balls either roll over or come out and can be flipped over. I have the roll over type in my truck. The sales person at the Louisville expo said it lifted 5 tons when tested. Its only rated for 3tons............The bad thing is that they only offer it in long beds.....I am looking to buy a short bed next yr so I might have to wait till they come out with a short bed model.
  4. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I just bought one (used) about a month ago, and definitely like it. It sits almost flush in the bed and you can still use the factory tailgate, though it has to come off to dump. So the 90% of the time when I want my truck to look like a regular pick up, it does. Unfortunately the way they get the bin to sit as low as it does is by mounting the pump/motor set up on the frame of the truck. This could potentially be a problem in winter with salt and sand, but you can remove the pump in ten minutes, so it's not that big of a deal. Hope this helps.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Now that's really cool! Too bad it only tilts to 45 degrees though... Works, but you have to do some brake slamming in reverse to get wet grass/leaves to unload at that angle.

I didn't read the whole description, does it give a price? I'm sure I know someone that may be interested in one of those...
  6. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Show Special Quote was 2200 Plus ship an handling Reg price is 3499
  7. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

out of curiousity, do you find the insert is strong enough to dump 3 tons as it says it will? and also, it looks like it has stake pockets in the pictures, does it?
  8. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

The only thing I've used it to dump is leaves, and it'll lift what I'm guessing is 6-8 yards of shredded, compacted, wet leaves no problem. What that weighs, I don't know. It does have stake pockets, though they're pretty small, I don't know how small off the top of my head but I know they won't fit a 2x4.
  9. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

yea i figured they wouldn't hold a 2x4. the pockets on most pickups generally would hold like a 2x2, or so.

they site said 13/14 gauge, which i guess translates to about 2 mm. I suppose that's not too bad.

thanx for the info!:clapping:
  10. Hansen Lawns

Hansen Lawns LawnSite Member

Hey I saw a guy the other day with one of those. He was visiting the tree farm, they look like a pretty neat tool to have...